Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's practically impossible to set up and execute a 40/20 (and other annoyances)
I really hope this patch addresses these issues as they my exact issues also
Again patch notes would be nice.
I'm sure they'll release patch notes once they release the actual patch. Rolleyes
Or maybe patch notes won't exist because we aren't supposed to have pre patch experience
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
This is pre patch, the kicking is not working properly because it isn't fine tuned properly in this build.

I mentioned elsewhere that the problem stems from your kicker following through too far before kicking when you release the X button, running 4 to 8 meters off the spot where you choose to kick from so you have to stand 6 to ten meters back from the 40/20 line to compensate for this. A look at a replay from side on shows it happening.

I personally don't like the extra difficulty in the kicking game, it has just overcomplicated things and added more time to kick allowing the defence to charge in more, I prefer the old way of doing it, quick aim and snap the kick away but each to their own I guess.
(07-25-2017, 10:51 AM)Radman Wrote: This is pre patch, the kicking is not working properly because it isn't fine tuned properly in this build.

I mentioned elsewhere that the problem stems from your kicker following through too far before kicking when you release the X button, running 4 to 8 meters off the spot where you choose to kick from so you have to stand 6 to ten meters back from the 40/20 line to compensate for this. A look at a replay from side on shows it happening.

I personally don't like the extra difficulty in the kicking game, it has just overcomplicated things and added more time to kick allowing the defence to charge in more, I prefer the old way of doing it, quick aim and snap the kick away but each to their own I guess.

Remember the Sidhe Rugby games, to kick down field it was stick direction + X, easy as!

I dont know why they persist with this 3 point procedure just get a kick away, why not hold Triangle and Square together + stick?
(07-25-2017, 10:51 AM)Radman Wrote: This is pre patch, the kicking is not working properly because it isn't fine tuned properly in this build.

That's a big call mate. How do you know they will patch the kicking?
You can start aiming your kick before your half even gets the ball. I've kicked three 40/20's on pro difficulty.
(07-25-2017, 12:05 PM)Yuna Wrote:

That's a big call mate. How do you know they will patch the kicking?

Yeah this concerns me a lot. Big Ant isn't divulging what has changed in the patch (likely due to Tru Blu) which makes me think this patch won't be that major
A patch just dropped. Will be interesting to hold up TBs statement about the game not working properly to now
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch