Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Struggle tackle?
Hello, Long time member, long time have not posted Smile .    A while back Ross had mention that in Rugby league 3 they were not able to add the struggle tackle but they wanted to but it in but they ran out of time.  Does Rugby league 4 have this feature?    Is there a need to support the tackle with another defender to make the tackle definite?    I believe the struggle tackle is what makes rugby league so intense and was the strongest feature of earlier League games by Sidhe, they had a sense of urgency to them.    If you make a tackle an know the offensive player is going down once the animation started, then there is no urgency to support the tackle with another defender, or from the offensive side an urgency to break out of a one on one tackle.  The unknown is what makes it exciting.   Hopefully this feature was added to the game the unknown factor of whether or not you will make it out of a tackle, brings great excitement to the game on both sides of play, it would seem like Rugby league live 3/4 play mechanics of more then one player involved in the tackle and the diversity in style of tackle(high or low) is the perfect setting for a struggle tackle to be implemented.  Hopefully the tackles are not definite once the tackle animation starts.

Cheers and Salud
Anyone notice these types of tackles?
(07-28-2017, 06:45 AM)lionmaul Wrote: Anyone notice these types of tackles?

I havnt noticed anyone break free from a tackle yet , so I'm guessing it's not
I don't know the exact mechanics of it (my game hasn't arrived yet) but you can definitely break a tackle after it has started, it isn't every tackle as you might be hoping for.

Check out this video for a few examples of it happening.

"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(07-28-2017, 08:02 AM)EAGLE Wrote:

Breaking a tackle after "struggling" is definitely in the game. You gotta keep spamming RS up after contact has been made
(07-28-2017, 08:38 AM)Yuna Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 08:02 AM)EAGLE Wrote:

Breaking a tackle after "struggling" is definitely in the game. You gotta keep spamming RS up after contact has been made

Great to hear Yuna,  this definitely adds a level of excitement to the play.   If you know you are going down after a wrap up tackle animation starts, there is no reason to continue fighting.  

Cheers and Salud
(07-28-2017, 08:25 AM)theaxe1606 Wrote: I don't know the exact mechanics of it (my game hasn't arrived yet) but you can definitely break a tackle after it has started, it isn't every tackle as you might be hoping for.

Yes at the 7:31 mark it shows very good proof of it , thanks.  Now I wonder if it is random based on stats or we help contribute to the break tackle by like Yuna said spam R button up?

Cheers and Salud
(07-28-2017, 10:59 PM)lionmaul Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 08:25 AM)theaxe1606 Wrote: I don't know the exact mechanics of it (my game hasn't arrived yet) but you can definitely break a tackle after it has started, it isn't every tackle as you might be hoping for.

Yes at the 7:31 mark it shows very good proof of it , thanks.  Now I wonder if it is random based on stats or  we help contribute to the break tackle by like Yuna said spam R button up?

Cheers and Salud

It's both mate. I do it with Greg Inglis all the time with good success. But if you try to do it with someone like Cronk it won't happen as often.