Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career mode wishlist
In all honesty... I never played RLL1 and I didn't think much of them taking over from Sidhe. The reason I am pointing out ignorance... is that Big Ant have earned my support.

Anyone who has followed Big Ant knows they listen and this has been shown by features added to both their Cricket and Rugby League titles over the years. The fact an addition you wanted didn't make it into the game doesn't negate facts.

Truth be told... midseason transfers add little to the game in my opinion. Would I like to see them... Possibly... but without the players in the game showing human traits that necessitate mid-season transfers ("homesickness", greed, laziness, attitude/ego, discipline issues, etc etc)... what is the point? I'd love for them to go to the detail where the news section had disgruntled players looking for an out... other teams looking for a trade. And that is something I'm sure Big Ant will read and consider for down the track... As that is what they do.

I've got no problem with you being upset, but to claim they don't listen or care is where I'll step in and have my say.

As for Automatic signings... if you haven't heard the complaint "The rosters are out of date within X months of release" then you really have the blinkers on. I'm not going to assume that the numbers are as many, more, or less than the "we" you put on the addition you want, but I'm sure there are people out there who will be pleased with not having to adjust teams in franchise mode.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(07-23-2017, 12:26 PM)Ruck Wrote: In all honesty... I never played RLL1 and I didn't think much of them taking over from Sidhe. The reason I am pointing out ignorance... is that Big Ant have earned my support.

Anyone who has followed Big Ant knows they listen and this has been shown by features added to both their Cricket and Rugby League titles over the years. The fact an addition you wanted didn't make it into the game doesn't negate facts.

Truth be told... midseason transfers add little to the game in my opinion. Would I like to see them... Possibly... but without the players in the game showing human traits that necessitate mid-season transfers ("homesickness", greed, laziness, attitude/ego, discipline issues, etc etc)... what is the point? I'd love for them to go to the detail where the news section had disgruntled players looking for an out... other teams looking for a trade. And that is something I'm sure Big Ant will read and consider for down the track... As that is what they do.

I've got no problem with you being upset, but to claim they don't listen or care is where I'll step in and have my say.

As for Automatic signings... if you haven't heard the complaint "The rosters are out of date within X months of release" then you really have the blinkers on. I'm not going to assume that the numbers are as many, more, or less than the "we" you put on the addition you want, but I'm sure there are people out there who will be pleased with not having to adjust teams in franchise mode.

If they do, in fact, "read and consider for down the track" then we wouldn't still be asking for features that were 1. In a Rugby League game 12 years ago 2. In almost all sporting games for the last 10-15 years. They have had many years (and RLL interations), to read and consider, yet no action.

These are basic, almost fundamental, aspects of any career mode in any sporting game, and Big Ant is still lacking. Defend/support them all you want. The fact is they are way behind the 8ball in this regard.
I'm with Ruck on this, Big Ant do listen, and have in general looked to implement stuff we've asked for. This time the focus seems to have been gameplay rather than features.

Would I like to see mid season transfers and free agents, yes, is it the end of the world without them, no. I'd also imagine there's some limits to free agents because there's not a go to list or whatever from a players association like there is in the Nba or NFL, (Fifa doesn't have real free agents). This could also be a licencing thing.

I think sports games in general get a lot of flack in their career mode for not doing things 'right' but RLL isn't any worse than some much bigger budget titles. As I've said Fifa has issues with free agents and their loan system, and Madden has real contract issues, a broken IR system and have only just put practice squads in.

I suppose on a personal note for me, a lot of the stuff people are asking for is micro-mangement, or stuff that I'd expect in a football manager esque game, but not the Fifa equivalent, which is what RLL4 is. I think the career features are pretty solid and would rather focus on getting that 100% correct, for example player growth, than flooding with features.
(07-23-2017, 08:14 PM)benrhino Wrote: I'm with Ruck on this,  Big Ant do listen, and have in general looked to implement stuff we've asked for.

All of us who've had our names added to the recorded commentary are proof of that.
(07-23-2017, 08:28 PM)Steeler Wrote:
(07-23-2017, 08:14 PM)benrhino Wrote: I'm with Ruck on this,  Big Ant do listen, and have in general looked to implement stuff we've asked for.

All of us who've had our names added to the recorded commentary are proof of that.

still upset i missed that Sad
That one was actually my idea. I suggested it when we found out RLL3 was being made.  Big Grin

Big Ant probably would have let people request names again for this game if they'd been allowed to admit they were making it earlier in the development process. Contrary to what some people seem to believe, Big Ant really like to please the game's fans.
Will the latest signings be added to the updates? Eg Connor Watson to Knights, Moga to knights? I dont want to wait 2 seasons before i can sign Watson Big Grin
(07-24-2017, 07:08 PM)Rock Wrote: Will the latest signings be added to the updates? Eg Connor Watson to Knights, Moga to knights? I dont want to wait 2 seasons before i can sign Watson Big Grin

probably not but you can change them yourself with just a few clicks in the fan hub and i would wager people will be posting updated rosters all the time on there so it should be reasonably easy to keep up to date with squads.
true. I just didnt like the fact that you had doubles in the roster if you used created teams.