Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be a pro attributes
So I've been watching all the be a pro series's on youtube, because I still can't play the game.  And the one unanimous thing I've noticed is that everyone is so frustrated starting off with such shit stamina and and speed.  Especially those playing fullback.  Has anyone played two or three seasons of pro yet and can comment on the upgrading of these attributes?
This is something I always thought games get wrong, I know you're meant to be building your player up but just because you're 18 doesn't mean they will have no speed or stamina, it should be the opposite actually. Yes your playing ability/skills should be low but not speed and stamina or strength.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(07-22-2017, 01:30 PM)krypter Wrote: So I've been watching all the be a pro series's on youtube, because I still can't play the game.  And the one unanimous thing I've noticed is that everyone is so frustrated starting off with such shit stamina and and speed.  Especially those playing fullback.  Has anyone played two or three seasons of pro yet and can comment on the upgrading of these attributes?

Second season and mine are all between 50-60 which isn't too bad compared to the base of 30.
Doesn't sound bad at all, compared to DBC17 which is painfully slow.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(07-22-2017, 02:45 PM)J2K Wrote:
(07-22-2017, 01:30 PM)krypter Wrote: So I've been watching all the be a pro series's on youtube, because I still can't play the game.  And the one unanimous thing I've noticed is that everyone is so frustrated starting off with such shit stamina and and speed.  Especially those playing fullback.  Has anyone played two or three seasons of pro yet and can comment on the upgrading of these attributes?

Second season and mine are all between 50-60 which isn't too bad compared to the base of 30.

ok that doesn't sound so bad. You play every game?
do they just upgrade themselves?
(07-28-2017, 05:16 PM)samwhitby583 Wrote: do they just upgrade themselves?

Yes as you lvl up. Probably the worst thing about this game. This is not how athletes work.
(07-28-2017, 06:31 PM)krypter Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 05:16 PM)samwhitby583 Wrote: do they just upgrade themselves?

This is not how athletes work.

Well athletes don't choose what to upgrade either in real life.
So i have played quite a few careers now testing this.

Injuries are not your friend. If you miss a large portion of the season your stats will not progress (obviously). I did a medial ligament and was out from game 2 of the season and ended up after the first year with base stats of 30.

New career with a different player, I managed stamina properly, played every game, and ended up with base stats averaging around 55-60

My tip for Pro mode - Boost the major stats you are looking for at creation depending on your role. Then leave the rest and only purchase the game day boosts when applicable. Wait until your contract is a high wage before bothering with the other stats as the $50k contracts you start on are nowhere near enough to raise the stats very high per season anyways.

Around season 4 or 5 my base attributes were all 90+ and I secured a $300k+ contract. Still chicken feed as I was overall 86 which is something I hope they can patch.
(07-28-2017, 09:04 PM)BlackWhiteandBlue Wrote: So i have played quite a few careers now testing this.

Injuries are not your friend. If you miss a large portion of the season your stats will not progress (obviously). I did a medial ligament and was out from game 2 of the season and ended up after the first year with base stats of 30.

New career with a different player, I managed stamina properly, played every game, and ended up with base stats averaging around 55-60

My tip for Pro mode - Boost the major stats you are looking for at creation depending on your role. Then leave the rest and only purchase the game day boosts when applicable. Wait until your contract is a high wage before bothering with the other stats as the $50k contracts you start on are nowhere near enough to raise the stats very high per season anyways.

Around season 4 or 5 my base attributes were all 90+ and I secured a $300k+ contract. Still chicken feed as I was overall 86 which is something I hope they can patch.

Good advice.  I turned injuries off until I have enough stamina that I won't spend 50% of the game at high risk.