Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
FAQ / Tips / Help
I seem to be getting run down alot after breaking the line, so i created a 99 in everything 80kg player, broke the line and was shortly run down, am I missing something? Is there some kind of trick to using sprint and conserving stamina?
It seems to be something bigant struggle with, player speed and stamina in open play. Last time every player had equal speed when stamina ran out, the faster players should still be faster even without stamina, it made it impossible for wingers to catch props after a line break. It seems to be a different issue this time but, equally frustrating, I don't have the game yet.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
I suspect its exactly that, im on 2nd lowest difficulty so will be a greater issue as I progress 

Forward momentum and general play in the middle is so good but i cant inject my fullback because they're too far back and if they do come in and find space they're often run down which ruins some otherwise really enjoyable attacking play 

I guess it must be difficult trying to balance gameplay
(07-22-2017, 12:20 PM)davies11 Wrote: I seem to be getting run down alot after breaking the line, so i created a 99 in everything 80kg player, broke the line and was shortly run down, am I missing something? Is there some kind of trick to using sprint and conserving stamina?

mate, you're not wrong. I'm experiencing the same thing even when I have the speed perk

I got a 99 speed custom player. At first, I had them at 114 Kg, he was fast but a bit sluggish and get runs down easily. I dropped him to 95 Kg and he seems to be a bit faster but still isn't as fast as Billy Slater. There might be some attributes that combines to reach top speed.
Starting to get used to the controls on defence and am actually starting to enjoy it. However, I'm finding that if I sprint at an attacker and try to tackle them, my defender will just drift off to the side which leaves a massive hole and leads to a line break. If I don't sprint it's okay but it's a shame because I can't ruch up to make a tackle and put the AI under pressure. Does anyone have any tips for this?

I'm also stuggling in attack at times, attacking the line especially. I can never seem to successfully go wide as it leads to an intercept almost everytime or there will just be no space out there. I also can't get a set play to work properly. Any tips please? These intercepts are an issue.

I have managed to score some great tries off a scrum though. A play off the scrum I love is if you go to the open side and get you first reciver to run sideways, a gap opens up opens up just before they cross over with the centre. You give a short ball off to the centre and if you get it right, the centre bursts through the hole at full speed. It looks awesome!
Any tips on speeding up the play of the ball or gaining metres without having to sidestep?
(07-22-2017, 01:40 PM)callmack1 Wrote: Starting to get used to the controls on defence and am actually starting to enjoy it. However, I'm finding that if I sprint at an attacker and try to tackle them, my defender will just drift off to the side which leaves a massive hole and leads to a line break. If I don't sprint it's okay but it's a shame because I can't ruch up to make a tackle and put the AI under pressure. Does anyone have any tips for this?

I'm also stuggling in attack at times, attacking the line especially. I can never seem to successfully go wide as it leads to an intercept almost everytime or there will just be no space out there. I also can't get a set play to work properly. Any tips please? These intercepts are an issue.

I have managed to score some great tries off a scrum though. A play off the scrum I love is if you go to the open side and get you first reciver to run sideways, a gap opens up opens up just before they cross over with the centre. You give a short ball off to the centre and if you get it right, the centre bursts through the hole at full speed. It looks awesome!

Yeh, the turning circle for the defensive player is much bigger and I'm not sure if BA did that on purpose or not. I think BigAnt did implement this on purpose because tackling does actually take skill now. In RLL3, you can just time the tackle button and your player will automatically zone in to the ball carrier making tackling very easy. Now, you actually have to line em up in order to make a successful tackle and I find letting go of sprint makes tackles more successful, which makes sense because in real life you don't make efficient tackles when you are full on sprinting.
Passing also takes skill too. I think the shitty lofty passes are done by us users because we are shit?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...1047563978

The video above shows that it's possible to do a perfect cutout ball at pace.
(07-22-2017, 02:56 PM)Yuna Wrote: Passing also takes skill too. I think the shitty lofty passes are done by us users because we are shit?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...1047563978

The video above shows that it's possible to do a perfect cutout ball at pace.

Niice!!
The Kicking mechanics has improved alot. It's the best kicking system ever me thinks, it's so smooth now you can even do the Cronk -> Valentines try like in Origin Game 3

One thing which needs patching is it should take a shorter amount of time to snap the kick away