Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts - for what it's worth
I just wish there was more space. Apart from that everything is fine. I won't get another game in until Friday now. Lets hope a bit more time playing will open my eyes. The storm scored a great try against me. 4 or 5 passes and Slater hit hole and it was shut the gate.
(07-19-2017, 08:50 PM)Radman Wrote: Just give it time, there will be niggles to sort and not all may require a patch, it's just going to take time to figure everything out so the games potential is fully reached.

Waiting for the patch is the big thing here, and this could very well be why Big Ant/Tru Blu have dramatically said the game is broken. We aren't supposed to have it without the patch, we've just been lucky enough to see behind the curtain.

I could very well be wrong but I remember RLL2 being very average at launch until the patch came out and minimized the main issues (interceptions). RLL3 had a patch that fixed the minor issues aswell and had they not dropped this game, I would still have been happy with that.

Everybody that is blowing up deluxe needs to just chill out. 12 weeks or so ago we didn't even know there was a game coming out. They had no pressure to release it if it wasn't ready and if they weren't happy. if that was the case they would have delayed it (like every other RLL title). Have some faith.
PSN ID: Jaxon23489
(07-20-2017, 12:27 AM)Jaxon23489 Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 08:50 PM)Radman Wrote: Just give it time, there will be niggles to sort and not all may require a patch, it's just going to take time to figure everything out so the games potential is fully reached.

Waiting for the patch is the big thing here, and this could very well be why Big Ant/Tru Blu have dramatically said the game is broken. We aren't supposed to have it without the patch, we've just been lucky enough to see behind the curtain.

I could very well be wrong but I remember RLL2 being very average at launch until the patch came out and minimized the main issues (interceptions). RLL3 had a patch that fixed the minor issues aswell and had they not dropped this game, I would still have been happy with that.

Everybody that is blowing up deluxe needs to just chill out. 12 weeks or so ago we didn't even know there was a game coming out. They had no pressure to release it if it wasn't ready and if they weren't happy. if that was the case they would have delayed it (like every other RLL title). Have some faith.

You are really being over-optimistic bro
(07-20-2017, 12:30 AM)Yuna Wrote:

Haha yeah as if TB weren't busting their balls to get it out for the origin period.

I haven't played the game, but I watched a good amount of the stream yesterday. The core gameplay seems exactly the same to me, it's all the same trigger based systems. I was really disappointed that franchise mode wasn't touched either.

They ran out of time or sold out for the cash grab. Or both.
(07-20-2017, 12:38 AM)KimmorleyKiller Wrote:

Haha yeah as if TB weren't busting their balls to get it out for the origin period.

I haven't played the game, but I watched a good amount of the stream yesterday. The core gameplay seems exactly the same to me, it's all the same trigger based systems. I was really disappointed that franchise mode wasn't touched either.

Or... they were held to a contractual agreement with Tru Blu to have it ready to release on the 28th so instead of delaying the game, they stayed on track to release it as planned, and designed a patch to fix any of the issues.

I get what you're saying about the features but from what I'm seeing its a step in the the right direction. I'd love to dig up some comments from the RLL3 forum where people are complaining about the graphics. Now its the career. Baby steps guys. There's always going to be something to complain about with a game.

I'll know for sure on the 28th if I'm being rightfully optimistic.
PSN ID: Jaxon23489
The pessemist in me thinks that they are using the current feedback to make changes to the patch to look like it was 'included' all along, hence the firm patch date of the 28th.

Lets not forget this early release wasnt an accident, Ross tweeted as such last week.

Believe nothing.

KinmorleyKiller... How can you possibly pass judgement when you haven't played it? It's not the same at all. Trigger based system? As in, the buttons in the controller? What did you want, voice control?
(07-20-2017, 09:39 AM)Matt BnW Wrote:

KinmorleyKiller... How can you possibly pass judgement when you haven't played it? It's not the same at all. Trigger based system? As in, the buttons in the controller? What did you want, voice control?
Unless you have played the game, you're really in no space to give your judgement of it. I received mine yesterday and it's gone from very arcade like (RLL3) to more of a emulation (RLL4) it's a very good free flowing game and will be very polished once the day one patch arrives.
(07-19-2017, 07:57 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 07:30 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 07:28 PM)davies11 Wrote: I have no issue with space or timing i like the pressure the speed of the game places on you to make quick decisions, I've noticed you benefiet from a slow play the ball if you want to set your tactics 

I do agree however that kicking is frustrating, id like to set my kicker and i am getting caught out more often than not which is frustrating given ive had an otherwise good set 

Really early days and im waiting to work my way up the difficulties and see the game post patch but i love what ive seen thus far

Just remember there is a kick tactic to drop your halves back.

HAH! Quite concerning how people that have the game already didn't know this
Doesn't work properly Yuna, play the game first.
People are being overly optimistic that they will add new features and such on the day one patch. From my understanding, it would be to fix up any critical bugs or crashes in the game that hadn't been picked up on before the game discs were manufactured.

I also recall when RLL3 came out, many parts of the game were unplayable (freezing at the end of the year in career mode, getting injured constantly in be a pro, etc.) and they took AGES to bring out a patch/update, and even THAT patch had no new features, just fixes and minor adjustments.