Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts - for what it's worth
The ruck is way too slow and it sucks. This game lacks momentum and flow of rugby league. The defensive line is always set because the ruck is too slow
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
Yep. I totally agree
This game feel nothing like Rugby League as a sport. More time needs to spent by the BA team watching NRL and see how teams play. The set plays in the game make no impact. A block play os meant to keep the defence guessing but in this game regardless of which play you choose the defence doesn't make any defensive misreads so the set plays are pointless. You can never put a player through a hole
Compared to RLL3 im not liking this at all, Maybe i just need to get used to it but just dont like the feel of it compared to RLL3
There's just so much that needs tweaking.

The main thing to get right though is the flow of the game. It reminds me of an NFL game at this point.

It might be at the expense of the attacking tactics if the pace of the attack was to get quicker but it's needed so hmmmm.
The set plays should stick until you change it. I don't like pressing hit up every tackle. I'd like to select hit up once at the start of the set and have hit up formations every tackle until I change tactics again on 4/5 tackles
The kicking lines aren't necessary. Maybe have a button to toggle them on. The kicking tee does not need those massive blue arrows around it either.
The more I play the more I find the kicking game to be a step backwards to previous games. It just doesn't feel very good to do anything with any of the button functions. I dunno, it's just slow and fiddly when you just want quick snappy precise kicks.

I'm not sure what was so bad about the previous games kicking game but coming off a game like fifa where everything happens quickly and precisely it's just hard to adjust to.

Maybe I just suck lol. I kinda just want the controls to be quick and responsive to match the pace of the game better.

Anyway to counter the negative I'll post a few ideas to maybe help for the future.

Maybe the punt circle could start at full distance on L2 push so you can just aim left or right and quick tap x bang and away she goes.

I like grubbers instantly going 8 to 10 on quick tap of x in the direction you aim left stick. Maybe double tap could give double distance or hold x and marker appears 8 - 10m away and adjusting the left stick forward and releasing button for instant long grubber kick could be another option.

Chip kicks could work double height and distance by double quick tap circle for short quick cross kicks in the direction you are holding with left stick.

Cross field kicks could be introduced by holding L2 and double tapping circle, the kick would be quick off the boot and go flatter and quicker than a bomb. Positioning on field either side of the posts could come into play and the kick could automatically go into a zone around the goal line that depending on the skill of the kicker the larger or smaller the zone is. This would work kind of simliar to a cross kick into goal area like in Fifa.

There's probably more but yeah just throwing these out there.
lol Radman, when are you going to give up?

Nothing against ya, you're a lovely bloke but you've been giving "ideas" since Sidhe Rugby League live 2 but no game developers have listened to you.
I couldn't care less if they used any of my ideas or not but this forum is the best place for any thoughts or suggestions so I'm gonna use it.

And if any of my "ideas" helps spark even better ideas then I may just have achieved something no matter how small.