Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franchise/Career Mode
Career mode at a minimum should feature the following:

- In-depth signing mode featuring a little bit of negotiating and player intelligence. For example, Canberra and Newcastle should struggle to sign some players based off their location, teams that finish last should struggle to sign stars because stars obviously want big money and premierships. This is why Jack Bird turned down Newcastle to sign with Brisbane earlier this year and it's why Newcastle hasn't signed a big star player since 2012 or whatever (Darius Boyd)

Alternatively glamour clubs like Roosters, Brisbane, Melbourne should find it easier to sign players. Not many players turn these clubs down and the game should reflect that. It makes it more challenging to win a comp as Canberra, Newcastle etc.

- FIFA and other games have been doing it for years, it's time to implement the mid season signing and release. If I'm playing as Melbourne and Cronk goes down for six months I should definitely be able to head on over to the free agent pool and try to pick up a replacement on the cheap. Same deal with if for some reason I want to get rid of Cronk mid season I should be able to release him to the free agent pool. I believe this was a feature in Rugby League 2 which came out over ten years ago.

- I should be able to actually play the U20's and reserve games if I want. At the very least there should be some strategy to player improvement. For example, Newcastle Knights have recently been playing Hodkinson in the reserves so whoever was his number 6 counterpart in that team would grow a lot from having him there and working with him because the guy is an Origin winner, well over 100 first grade games etc. I'd like to see that implemented into the game somehow so if I have Jeff Robson playing NSW Cup for me and an 18 year old fresh out of Holden Cup the 18 year old should grow quicker because Robson is around. Halves improve halves, forwards improve forwards, backs improve backs. This would give more incentive to buy quality reserves.

Also, the team you have should effect it so for example a 19-20 year old getting signed to a Melbourne Storm team featuring Slater, Munster, Chambers, Cronk, Smith and everyone else should grow faster than a 19-20 year old signing with the Dragons or Eels. If they get into City Vs Country, Origin, World Cups etc they should continue to grow at a rapid rate based on who they are around. With the new feature of being able to pick your representative teams this would allow us to think ahead for future and maybe put say a Nathan Cleary or James Roberts into Origin camp to give them that little bit extra experience to build their skills up for Origin.

- A tab within the players profiles showing off achievements and awards. The achievement tab may include games played, total points, Origin games, international games etc etc. This allows us to simply click on this and see if we're getting an Origin star or a fringe first grader etc etc. Awards tab simply shows who has won what so Munster might have a "Best Five Eighth 2017" award whilst Jonathan Thurston has "Dally M Medalist 2016" on his.
---

I honestly don't expect a GM mode. Those four features would be good enough for me. Don't know how hard they would be to implement but I can't imagine mid season stuff would be that hard to implement along with the cosmetic tab upgrades. Those would be great starts.
(07-19-2017, 07:49 PM)ak47 Wrote: I've always wondered what kind of game could they create if it was just NRL only and online. No career. No be a pro. No fan hub. No modes. No SL. No NSW Cup. Just an NRL season and multilayer. A bare bones game from 1990 with today's technology. Gameplay first nothing else

Well for one I wouldn't dream of buying it.
Gotta leave something for RLL5
Mid-Season signings sound like something that would have been easy to implement. I can't imagine time or other focus areas being the issue there.
Another thing I thought of - which many people asked for - is the chance to select a 21 man lineup on Tuesday and then finalise it on game day, like in the NRL. This wouldn't mean suspended/injured players wouldn't miss out when they're actually available come game day.
(07-19-2017, 07:25 PM)secondsolution Wrote: I also just remembered that player progression/regression was pretty bad in RLL3. It would be nice to see a few rookies rise to stardum rather that a few points increase in overall over a decade. It ruins the point of a career mode that runs over decades

Yea! I'm hoping this happens too!
It's been reported by some that you can pick your own representative teams from all eligible players but upon watching some videos a guy in career mode is the coach for Australia and doesn't get to pick his team at all and his top 25-30 are automated and include the likes of The Morris Brothers, Paul Gallen, Scott Bolton and Mitch Pearce which isn't realistic.

The guy does say you can pick your own Origin team but why not allow us to pick all of our rep teams? One step forward but two steps back.
(07-20-2017, 01:57 PM)SOR Wrote: It's been reported by some that you can pick your own representative teams from all eligible players but upon watching some videos a guy in career mode is the coach for Australia and doesn't get to pick his team at all and his top 25-30 are automated and include the likes of The Morris Brothers, Paul Gallen, Scott Bolton and Mitch Pearce which isn't realistic.

The guy does say you can pick your own Origin team but why not allow us to pick all of our rep teams? One step forward but two steps back.

Maybe that's something the patch will fix?
Another thing that is a small feature but I feel would add to career mode is the ability to see other teams and injuries. It gives you a chance to look at a team you are facing as well as see all the changes after each season
Man there is no pleasing some. I haven't got it yet but I for one thought the career modes were quite well done in RLL3. It's obviously no fifa but they were still pretty solid, obviously this time around they have focused on gameplay and by the look of it have done a lot of work into how the game actually plays. If they had brought out a game with the exact same gameplay as RLL3 but with a career mode as in depth as say fifa. I swear you guys would have your pitchforks out even more than you do now.