Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franchise/Career Mode
Steam workshop,
Now there's an exciting idea!
"mid season signing, early release of players, more in depth statistics, more control over lower grade teams, and GM/Owner controls (stadium prices, location, ticketing, crowd figures, etc). As far as I can tell, not one of these things have been implemented into RLL4."

Some NRL clubs don't have this implemented either...

I agree with heartly tho. gameplay first, then other bits.

and who knows, it may be patched it later. (or on official release date/day-1 patch)
(07-19-2017, 03:35 PM)yt23w Wrote: "mid season signing, early release of players, more in depth statistics, more control over lower grade teams, and GM/Owner controls (stadium prices, location, ticketing, crowd figures, etc). As far as I can tell, not one of these things have been implemented into RLL4."

and who knows, it may be patched it later. (or on official release date/day-1 patch)

That's fine that some people want a focus solely on gameplay, but there's is also a huge amount of people that want these features too. It's a balancing act. We should have, at minimum, seen some of these features added.
(07-19-2017, 03:38 PM)johncasey Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 03:35 PM)yt23w Wrote: "mid season signing, early release of players, more in depth statistics, more control over lower grade teams, and GM/Owner controls (stadium prices, location, ticketing, crowd figures, etc). As far as I can tell, not one of these things have been implemented into RLL4."

That's fine that some people want a focus solely on gameplay, but there's is also a huge amount of people that want these features too. It's a balancing act. We should have, at minimum, seen some of these features added.

Dont get me wrong, would love to see career mode become more in-depth.

in fact, i would like a mix of manager/team/be-a-player mode, so you can swap and choose between whole team, single player and still manage the club in between games as well.
The gameplay is great but it's like they just copy and pasted the exact same carreer mode from rll3
Would also like to see mid-season transfers/releases "patched in", If possible.
(07-19-2017, 03:57 PM)Ross96p Wrote: The gameplay is great but it's like they just copy and pasted the exact same carreer mode from rll3
That's exactly what it seems. I actually didn't mind the gameplay from RLL3,  so i don't see much reason to spend lots of money on a new game. If it ends up being a patch then that'll be great.
I also just remembered that player progression/regression was pretty bad in RLL3. It would be nice to see a few rookies rise to stardum rather that a few points increase in overall over a decade. It ruins the point of a career mode that runs over decades
I've always wondered what kind of game could they create if it was just NRL only and online. No career. No be a pro. No fan hub. No modes. No SL. No NSW Cup. Just an NRL season and multilayer. A bare bones game from 1990 with today's technology. Gameplay first nothing else
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
Wasn't rugby league live 1 bare bones enough? Tongue