Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franchise/Career Mode
Tongue 
Now that a few people have the game and have gone into detail regarding the updates, it seems that there is little to no improvement in Franchise/Career mode. Sure, there are a few minor things - player loyalty and Origin selection - but we now know that Big Ant and Tru Blu have completely ignored what a large majority of fans have been asking for since RLL3 (and prior). That is, an updated Franchise/Career mode. There has been no shortage of requests in the last two years, but the main few seemed to be mid season signing, early release of players, more in depth statistics, more control over lower grade teams, and GM/Owner controls (stadium prices, location, ticketing, crowd figures, etc). As far as I can tell, not one of these things have been implemented into RLL4. I would love to hear from someone at Big Ant as to why they thought these were not of a high enough priority to add in, despite a mass of fans calling for them (for years). I'm sure I won't get much of an explanation, but I think it's worth stating this oversight, as I think it requires explaining. 

If we are expected to pay $80+ for a game, why do our requests either not a response, or get completely ignored. For me, career mode is my main interest in sports video games, and weighs heavily in whether a game I will invest $80+ in it. A lacking career mode affects the longevity of a game, and this one seems to be heavily lacking.

Vent done.
(07-19-2017, 03:13 PM)johncasey Wrote: I would love to hear from someone at Big Ant as to why they thought these were not of a high enough priority to add in, despite a mass of fans calling for them (for years). I'm sure I won't get much of an explanation, but I think it's worth stating this oversight, as I think it requires explaining. 

Vent done.

Budget cuts mate
Hang on. Still no mid-season signings and player releases?
Agreed 100%

I was hoping there was something hidden but it appears not. I wonder if any of this stuff could be patched in
(07-19-2017, 03:13 PM)johncasey Wrote: Now that a few people have the game and have gone into detail regarding the updates, it seems that there is little to no improvement in Franchise/Career mode. Sure, there are a few minor things - player loyalty and Origin selection - but we now know that Big Ant and Tru Blu have completely ignored what a large majority of fans have been asking for since RLL3 (and prior). That is, an updated Franchise/Career mode. There has been no shortage of requests in the last two years, but the main few seemed to be mid season signing, early release of players, more in depth statistics, more control over lower grade teams, and GM/Owner controls (stadium prices, location, ticketing, crowd figures, etc). As far as I can tell, not one of these things have been implemented into RLL4. I would love to hear from someone at Big Ant as to why they thought these were not of a high enough priority to add in, despite a mass of fans calling for them (for years). I'm sure I won't get much of an explanation, but I think it's worth stating this oversight, as I think it requires explaining. 

If we are expected to pay $80+ for a game, why do our requests either not a response, or get completely ignored. For me, career mode is my main interest in sports video games, and weighs heavily in whether a game I will invest $80+ in it. A lacking career mode affects the longevity of a game, and this one seems to be heavily lacking.

Vent done.

Don't care bud, until the gameplay is perfected to the point I actually can play an honest game of league then that shit just ain't worth wasting time and money on.
(07-19-2017, 03:16 PM)Makaveli Wrote: Hang on. Still no mid-season signings and player releases?

Nope Sad

That's the main thing I wanted. It was so annoying having players signed to 3 or 4 year contracts at the start of the game that you couldn't release
(07-19-2017, 03:18 PM)secondsolution Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 03:16 PM)Makaveli Wrote: Hang on. Still no mid-season signings and player releases?

Nope Sad

That's the main thing I wanted. It was so annoying having players signed to 3 or 4 year contracts at the start of the game that you couldn't release

Wow. That's really perplexing. As the OP pointed out, that feature has been requested on multiple occasions, even before the third game.
I'm also wondering about this.I love playing Be a pro still playing as we speak.and Agree with you 100%
$90 bucks nzd for RLL3 still is you'll think would go on special since Rll4 coming out boost sales bit more.
But i'll see how it is when PC out.
Also why not make a Steam workshop for the modders?
up up cronulla
Until big ant confirm or deny this I still hold hope, as big ant are not commenting on it I think it's more likely that these things will be implemented through updated patch.
Can't wait for a Broncos wooden spoon..
(07-19-2017, 03:22 PM)mattystorm1987 Wrote: Until big ant confirm or deny this I still hold hope, as big ant are not commenting on it I think it's more likely that these things will be implemented through updated patch.

The new features were confirmed a couple of days ago on here. But I'm hoping the same.