Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day 1 Patch?
So we know the game will need a patch on day 1 which baffles me. If a game is finished and tested why does it need a patch however BA whay does this patch contain? It would be good to know, so if any of us get an early copy, what will the day 1 patch fix or add?
It definitely adds to the whole this game was rushed theory.
same thing happened with RLL3, we had a day one patch
Every game ive played in the last year downloads a patch before the first play.
(07-18-2017, 04:17 PM)secondsolution Wrote: It definitely adds to the whole this game was rushed theory
Most games that come out have first day patches so i would say it adds too it.
They had a day 1 patch this time, so they could get the game out earlier. Getting the game manufactured takes time. I'm not arguing whether its right or wrong, but thats probably why.
(07-18-2017, 04:35 PM)tristanham1lton Wrote:
(07-18-2017, 04:17 PM)secondsolution Wrote: It definitely adds to the whole this game was rushed theory
Most games that come out have first day patches so i would say it adds too it.

It allows time for pressing and distribution whilst development can still be worked on the background. It has nothing to do with a game being 'rushed', otherwise, it wouldn't pass through compliance testing.
I meant more so having a game go gold that according to its publisher doesn't work without the patch.
(07-18-2017, 04:47 PM)secondsolution Wrote: I meant more so having a game go gold that according to its publisher doesn't work without the patch.

They said that because NZ broke release date and they are trying to stop people importing it. If it "doesnt work" why would they have a company review a broken game before the patch?
Yes. That was complete rubbish. But we've become used to that by now from Tru Blu.