Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More footage from Press Start
(07-17-2017, 12:34 PM)nbugge94 Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:32 PM)[email protected] Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:30 PM)nbugge94 Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:29 PM)[email protected] Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:20 PM)Shunta Wrote: Matt I think what is being said is, while you appreciate the fact the clowns at Press Start are having fun, fun for everyone else would be knowing the game is going to play like a fair representation of a rugby league game. Yet with what we have seen, all we in the forum and any other rugby league fan can can take away from their videos is that the get paid their weekly salary for very little constructive work being done. If a newly to league saw that, maybe they would enjoy the arcade style approach they have published in their video. Myself tho wants to see the set plays utilised, a decent cross field kick try, the Melbourne storm outside inside try, a try by tuivasa-shock stepping off his left then right to unlock a defence. Sadly I don't think Press Start have the ability to show this. With another poster mentioning if this was the first look of the game you'd had, it wouldn't be a great example of what can be done. Picture Ferrari making a car and making an advert to try and sell it where all that it shows is it driving around a little village, stopping at crossings every 200 metres, gaining no more speed than 50kmh and the struggling to parallel park. Not a great look.

On to a question, can you confirm if passing sliders can be adjusted to have the passes more direct/flat/quick.

In no way am I bagging the game, bigant, or any reply you've given. I just wanted to voice my bit.

Love you

Press Start's videos are not advertisements. They're gameplay footage captured by an independent media outlet that was provided a code for review purposes. 

So a better comparison would be if I purchased a Ferrari and then did a video of me driving it around a little village at 50km/h having a great old time, and then some social media guy at Ferrari got a kick out of it and linked to it from their social media account. 

There will be plenty more reviews and videos from other media outlets in the leadup to the game's release, and then afterwards. If you're still keen on seeing these things before you make a purchase (totally understandable, of course), then I'm sure something that does show what you're looking for will pop up soon enough. 

We do appreciate all the feedback, of course. :-) We're all friends here. 

As for your question, I'll see about answering that one. Not sure if I can comment on sliders just yet. 

Thanks for your patience.
Multiplayer career mode matches? Or just Controlled vs AI?

Love you (seemed to work for shunta)

Haha, I did respond to you previously, but I think the response got missed. 

Career mode works the same was as in RLL3; it's offline only, so no online multiplayer in that particular mode.
Sorry I missed it, but I do mean multiplayer offline. As in I can verse a mate or verse my brother - with them controlling the opposition team, in career mode.

<3

Ahhh, sorry, my bad. 

For local multiplayer you can play Coach mode in both Vs. and Co-op :-)
I think the game looks pretty good. It looks so much smother and more comprehensive and I can tell that if you actually play it right, it'll be pretty good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm greatful that we are actually getting footage. However, it's just so frustrating that the footage we're getting is crap because of who is playing, they have no idea and are not showcasing the game at all. We're not seeing many if any of the new features and the cutscenes are skipped every time. They are making the game look awful when I'm sure it's not. If I was Ross, I'd be pissed.

Get guys from Big Ant to do a player vs player using all the new features and playing realistically. Then I bet everyone would be saying how friggin good the game looks.
(07-17-2017, 01:04 PM)[email protected] Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:34 PM)nbugge94 Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:32 PM)[email protected] Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:30 PM)nbugge94 Wrote:
(07-17-2017, 12:29 PM)[email protected] Wrote: Press Start's videos are not advertisements. They're gameplay footage captured by an independent media outlet that was provided a code for review purposes. 

So a better comparison would be if I purchased a Ferrari and then did a video of me driving it around a little village at 50km/h having a great old time, and then some social media guy at Ferrari got a kick out of it and linked to it from their social media account. 

There will be plenty more reviews and videos from other media outlets in the leadup to the game's release, and then afterwards. If you're still keen on seeing these things before you make a purchase (totally understandable, of course), then I'm sure something that does show what you're looking for will pop up soon enough. 

We do appreciate all the feedback, of course. :-) We're all friends here. 

As for your question, I'll see about answering that one. Not sure if I can comment on sliders just yet. 

Thanks for your patience.
Multiplayer career mode matches? Or just Controlled vs AI?

Love you (seemed to work for shunta)

Haha, I did respond to you previously, but I think the response got missed. 

Career mode works the same was as in RLL3; it's offline only, so no online multiplayer in that particular mode.
Sorry I missed it, but I do mean multiplayer offline. As in I can verse a mate or verse my brother - with them controlling the opposition team, in career mode.

<3

Ahhh, sorry, my bad. 

For local multiplayer you can play Coach mode in both Vs. and Co-op :-)

No dramas! 

Sounds good, I'm so keen to grab this farout. I guess I have been a part-time member of the grumpy crew, but I know you are not in control of everything that goes on outside of BigAnt. We have been frustrated because I think we all see elements of potential in the gameplay that is getting us excited, but the way that its been portrayed in these gameplay videos isnt doing it justice.  Just wanted to say thanks for all the info you have given us, no matter how restricted it may/may not be. 

Heart
The game looks fun, movements look better. wouldn't mind if they showcased the close to the try line attack which was non existent in rll3 and the new controls. Would it be so hard to create a variety of 2-3 minute videos individually demonstrating the new features with a voice over instead of a bulky 17 minute mad muck around (alliteration bitch, get on my level) which suggests that this "media" outlet has no pride in they're reporting. Don't they know kids these days have the attention span of a 2 month old walrus with autism. Either that or Tru blu should just chuck some 50's under the table in the direction of Insaiyin and Theodd1out who are leading the Australian sports gaming genre on youtube to hype up and advertise the game. Although i'm sure they would give the game a 10/10 in all areas and become sellouts if that was the case.  Smile
Seems like Tim Simona got a job at press start
I thought a couple of the offloads went forward, but they didn't get called.... I suppose that's pretty realistic though.
Xbox Live: Ickon81 & Samoan Surfer
PSN: Ickon81
Steam: ickon81
Origin: Ickon81
(07-17-2017, 11:36 AM)johncasey Wrote: What is doing with the colour of the grass on the hill at WIN Stadium?

WIN Stadium looks a bit off in general I thought. Something about it just didn't look right.
(07-17-2017, 01:43 PM)Ickon Wrote: I thought a couple of the offloads went forward, but they didn't get called.... I suppose that's pretty realistic though.

I prefer that to RLL3 when every offload is nearly called forward or a knock on despite it being thrown back, replays don't lie. The game looks good, I will buy it, these numpties playing the game will not stop me and I doubt it will stop many. The only real glitch I notice was early in the match off a tap Billy slater on defense starts running down field, is in an offside position and can't decide whether to keep running or get on side, this was AI and not the idiot playing and it took until the 3rd tackle to get onside.