Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Features to take the RLL series to the next level (ideas for RLL5)
(07-16-2017, 01:55 PM)Radman Wrote: None of the gameplay features we now have to use have been shown working at their best in any of those 2 videos.

Player vs player is where the game will shine best imo and we are not going to get quality realistic looking gameplay showing the new mechanics working until this happens.

Not arguing that, but the tackle mechanics clearly aren't that far evolved from RLL3. Obviously BA  have put a lot of effor into other areas of the game, and I'm really looking forward to it, but to me it seems obvious that the tackle remains largely an automatic and unctrollable animation, and that's one thing I've always thought limit a the influence of forward play in these games.

I know I'm out early on all this, but I figure I should try and plant a few seeds with the BA team as dev work could start at any time on RLL5.

That said though, what are your thoughts on my actual ideas?
(07-16-2017, 02:27 PM)sanzar Wrote:
(07-16-2017, 01:55 PM)Radman Wrote: None of the gameplay features we now have to use have been shown working at their best in any of those 2 videos.

Player vs player is where the game will shine best imo and we are not going to get quality realistic looking gameplay showing the new mechanics working until this happens.

Not arguing that, but the tackle mechanics clearly aren't that far evolved from RLL3. Obviously BA  have put a lot of effor into other areas of the game, and I'm really looking forward to it, but to me it seems obvious that the tackle remains largely an automatic and unctrollable animation, and that's one thing I've always thought limit a the influence of forward play in these games.

I know I'm out early on all this, but I figure I should try and plant a few seeds with the BA team as dev work could start at any time on RLL5.

I agree with you 100% mate
If they could do what madden have done with the tackling and running system, that would be amazing...

Your ideas have merit but until we have actual play time to confirm whether these things exist in RLL4 or not it's best to put them on hold until we play it and can give constructive criticism for possible patches for RLL4 if needed first and then set targets for RLL5 once we get to the point of no return.
I could be wrong , but I'm pretty sure big ant only had a four game contract . So potentially this could be there last , which would be a shame cause it could see the franchise go backwards like what happened with RLL1
(07-16-2017, 03:49 PM)Radman Wrote:

Your ideas have merit but until we have actual play time to confirm whether these things exist in RLL4 or not it's best to put them on hold until we play it and can give constructive criticism for possible patches for RLL4 if needed first and then set targets for RLL5 once we get to the point of no return.

We say this every version. We are always hoping that the actual gameplay itself is better than video shown and every time we come out disappointed.
(07-16-2017, 04:01 PM)EAGLE Wrote: I could be wrong , but I'm pretty sure big ant only had a four game contract . So potentially this could be there last , which would be a shame cause it could see the franchise go backwards like what happened with RLL1

Aw what? Why do they have shitty contracts? Just let the same developer expand on what they had previously each game and eventually we'll get the perfect rl game. I don't want to give up all these amazing face scans and fanhub and logo and stadium creator that big ant has given us
lmao.
(07-16-2017, 04:56 PM)Zacmick123 Wrote:
(07-16-2017, 04:01 PM)EAGLE Wrote: I could be wrong , but I'm pretty sure big ant only had a four game contract . So potentially this could be there last , which would be a shame cause it could see the franchise go backwards like what happened with RLL1

Aw what? Why do they have shitty contracts?

It's the way business works mate

Potentially there could be a new contract setup between BA and TB. Never know
It was a 5 game contract so there should be 1 more after this. Worst case scenario is wicked witch get it and we just get roster updates every few years. I've always had a feeling WW only got AFL because Tru Blu wanted to share titles with multiple developers and they have done some good things with AFL Evo.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
If TB gets WW to take over RLL series then TB deadset have rocks in their heads. I'm surprised they haven't sacked WW after AFL Evolution
(07-16-2017, 06:04 PM)Ok Yuna Wrote: If TB gets WW to take over RLL series then TB deadset have rocks in their heads. I'm surprised they haven't sacked WW after AFL Evolution

That and rugby challenge 3, which was literally nothing more than a roster and jersey update