Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tackles/Forward Momentum
(07-14-2017, 10:43 PM)HBK619 Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 10:02 PM)BRAB Wrote: So just to confirm the AI won't use that mechanic that allows forward momentum? Even at the highest difficulty?

Could this potentially be a problem?

You're reading it wrong.

The AI uses all mechanics, on every difficulty.

The point was that the AI is coming up against a defence equally matched to the offence and therefore it's not able to push up the field and utilise those mechanics to the full extent.

The main thing to read is literally the first response in this thread: "I can assure you there is momentum."

Just an FYI and FWIW to those here. I was able to beat Legend AI quite convincingly for a fair while in RLL3. I can tell you now that I can even struggle on Pro difficulty from time to time.

It's certainly not 'too easy'.

Specifically what makes it not too easy?

Ai tactics or hot potato super speed AI?
What do you want Yuna, a line-break in every set?
(07-14-2017, 11:10 PM)Eddie Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 10:02 PM)BRAB Wrote: So just to confirm the AI won't use that mechanic that allows forward momentum? Even at the highest difficulty?

You're reading it wrong.

The point was that the AI is coming up against a defence equally matched to the offence and therefore it's not able to push up the field and utilise those mechanics to the full extent.

The main thing to read is literally the first response in this thread: "I can assure you there is momentum."

Just an FYI and FWIW to those here. I was able to beat Legend AI quite convincingly for a fair while in RLL3. I can tell you now that I can even struggle on Pro difficulty from time to time.

Offensively I'd say having to find the gaps, use the right players at the right times and having patience.

On defence it's making sure I'm concentrating and using the right tactic and mechanic at the right time.

Without trying to sound cliche, if you play Rugby League then you will find yourself doing better than not. Whereas if you do try to play hot potato you'll likely gain about 10-15 metres per set.
Original build of RLL2 was the best (before all the patches that killed it from tossers whinging about intercepts) actually had to be conservative and use your forwards or you would be picked off going wide. RLL4 looks like they might recapture that feel again.
(07-14-2017, 11:18 PM)HBK619 Wrote:

You're reading it wrong.

Offensively I'd say having to find the gaps, use the right players at the right times and having patience.

On defence it's making sure I'm concentrating and using the right tactic and mechanic at the right time.

Without trying to sound cliche, if you play Rugby League then you will find yourself doing better than not. Whereas if you do try to play hot potato you'll likely gain about 10-15 metres per set.

That is music to my ears. Thank you.
(07-14-2017, 11:11 PM)Steeler Wrote: What do you want Yuna, a line-break in every set?

An A.I that can spread the ball outwide and confuse me with decoy runners!!!!!!!!

Just like in real life

Or, an A.I that can change in direction to wrong foot me.
(07-14-2017, 10:04 PM)BRAB Wrote: The whole point of this thread to is that people want a game that plays like league. Not a game where the most viable way to move up the field is to pass it from side to side like it has been for the past 3 iterations of the game.

If the game still doesn't play like league in this respect people will be better served sticking with the last game. It's really an essential part of any league game and something that has never really been captured in the Bigant Series of games.

This is pretty much everything that matters in rugby league gaming life at the moment before we can move to the intricacies of the great sport
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch

You're reading it wrong.

Well that's a very big call. Keen to investigate this
(07-15-2017, 01:09 AM)Eddie Wrote:

You're reading it wrong.

Well that's a very big call. Keen to investigate this

Very interesting!
(07-14-2017, 08:17 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 08:09 PM)nbugge94 Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 07:47 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 07:40 PM)nbugge94 Wrote: Have watched two gameplay videos. 90% of the tackles are dominant and the only way to make ground is by palming people off. This is a horrible issue that plagued RLL3 and looks to be the same in RLL4. WHY!!!!
I can assure you there is momentum. Of you hold the right stick up before you get to the tackle with a forward you will 9/10 drive the tackle forward and stop a dominant tackle

Is the Fifita try in the trailer an example of momentum? and is this type of momentum achievable anywhere on the field with a strong player/forward?
100%
That Fifita shot was taken straight from someone playing the game. That drive can be done anywhere on the park and is very effective to get the momentum going
What is the difference between using the right stick for palms and momentum. Its the same button?  Can you also confirm we can play multi-player career mode matches instead of vsing the AI? For example, I control my team and my brother controls the opposition team?