Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RLL4 Bugs & oversights
They buggered up Bradmans graphics. There is usually a gamma setting in these games and they ship with the worst defaults
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
I moved it from my laptop to my monitor screen and it was heaps better.
I'm really looking forward to the game and will be buying it day one but there are definitely some areas of concern:

- It takes so long to play the ball! The attacking team loses all momentum because of this
- The passing from dummy half is slow and loopy which again causes the attacking team to lose momentum
- The AI decision making seems to be poor i.e. not kicking a field goal before full time in the AI v AI match
- There is a noticeable difference in the quality of recording for Vossy's old and new commentary. It stands out when one line goes to the next
- The punt seems to go too high allowing it to be caught on the full every time. Maybe there are different options for kicks?
- There are a lot of dropped balls from the bit hits. I really like that they have included this, but it seems a bit overpowered

I don't want this to seem like I'm bashing the game, I'm still very excited but would love to see some of these issues fixed in the day one patch. Obviously once I play it some may not be as bad as they seem. The play the ball speed and dummy half passing are by far the two biggest concerns.
Here is a bug where the AI scores even though my player puts the ball dead.

Also not sure if a bug, but I got a penalty off a short kickoff that was too short. 

(07-27-2017, 12:15 PM)tjstyles1 Wrote: Also not sure if a bug, but I got a penalty off a short kickoff that was too short. 

This is a correct ruling. The opposition player touched the ball first/picked up the ball within the 10 metre area.
(07-27-2017, 12:25 PM)HBK619 Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 12:15 PM)tjstyles1 Wrote: Also not sure if a bug, but I got a penalty off a short kickoff that was too short. 

This is a correct ruling. The opposition player touched the ball first/picked up the ball within the 10 metre area.

Ah okay. Thanks for the clarification Smile
(07-27-2017, 12:25 PM)HBK619 Wrote:

The ruling is correct, but surely the AI shouldn't stand still waiting for the ball to hit them, and then pick it up and give the opposition a penalty.

(unless every player's default knowledge of the rules is set to Jordan Kahu)
Possibly oversight or me being clueless, but is there not a dummy option anymore?
(07-27-2017, 07:21 PM)krypter Wrote: Possibly oversight or me being clueless,  but is there not a dummy option anymore?

It's not in the manual