Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RLL4 Blobset Tools
for ball textures you can also use dxt3

.. what format to use for ui/club_logos/hud_score btw?
Thank you for your answer,

I use all format correctly, i dont really understand. Do i need to create blobset each time for each things i change or can i put all files i want to change at one time and create the blobset ? (its what ive done)
(02-16-2018, 07:50 PM)Brouette Wrote: Thank you for your answer,

I use all format correctly, i dont really understand. Do i need to create blobset each time for each things i change or can i put all files i want to change at one time and create the blobset ? (its what ive done)

as long as they go into their correct folders you should be able to do them all at once and then create the blobset...they won't show in game untill the blobeset has been created, but it sounds like you are doing it correctly Huh
After try again, on the 2 balls textures i changed, one work and one dont. Logos still invisible. Weird
(02-16-2018, 03:43 PM)skins Wrote: for ball textures you can also use dxt3

dxt3 has alpha and uses more memory then dxt1, the ball textures don't need alpha.

DDS Format: ARGB 8.8.8.8 32bit unsigned
Height: 80
Width: 46
MipMaps: 1

RLL4Mods\ui\club_logos\hud_score\aus_jillaroos.pc.dds
(02-17-2018, 06:41 PM)Brouette Wrote: After try again, on the 2 balls textures i changed, one work and one dont. Logos still invisible. Weird

Not sure what you are doing wrong, are you naming the files correctly and are the height and width correct?
(02-18-2018, 12:31 PM)Wouldubeinta Wrote:

dxt3 has alpha and uses more memory then dxt1, the ball textures don't need alpha.

thanks for the info.. ive been using dxt3 for jerseys but they use an alpha channel correct? ...so are those widths and heights in pixels or mm?
also i've never understood the mipmap thing....is that like smaller lower res versions of the image built into the dds file? what program generates them? i use DXTbmp
(02-18-2018, 02:07 PM)skins Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 12:31 PM)Wouldubeinta Wrote:

thanks for the info.. ive been using dxt3 for jerseys but they use an alpha channel correct? ...so are those widths and heights in pixels or mm?
also i've never understood the mipmap thing....is that like smaller lower res versions of the image built into the dds file? what program generates them? i use DXTbmp

Jersey don't use alpha.

Height and Widths are in pixels.

Yes that's what MipMaps are. On the right hand side of DXTBmp, you will see MipMaps. Just tick (Include when saving), that will add the maximum mipmaps of that image size.
Thank for your answers, i will check heiht and width in the week-end. For the balls the two i made is in same format, so i dont understand...
Well after check, i use all corect height width mipmap and format, so i guess there is an unknow lord's will on the fact is not working !