Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan Hub Issues
hey guys, 

I've downloaded the fan hub, yet when I click on the application it pops up with a "preparing to launch" and then quickly disappears. I can't open the fan hub aand i really want to have a look around but it just wont let me. Any tips??
When the FanHub for RLL3 came out I used to have a problem with it crashing all the time. The problem turned out to be that Steam was trying to play it using my integrated graphics instead of the discrete Nvidia graphics in my computer. Once I used the Nvidia control panel to instruct the computer to use the dedicated graphics for everything, the problem was solved.

You could try that.
(07-02-2017, 10:51 PM)Steeler Wrote: When the FanHub for RLL3 came out I used to have a problem with it crashing all the time. The problem turned out to be that Steam was trying to play it using my integrated graphics instead of the discrete Nvidia graphics in my computer. Once I used the Nvidia control panel to instruct the computer to use the dedicated graphics for everything, the problem was solved.

You could try that.

How exactly do you do that?
Instructions here-

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-c...d-3612668/
(07-02-2017, 11:00 PM)Steeler Wrote: Instructions here-

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-c...d-3612668/

cheers mate
Heart 
(07-02-2017, 10:26 PM)GreyGirrafe1140 Wrote: hey guys, 

I've downloaded the fan hub, yet when I click on the application it pops up with a "preparing to launch" and then quickly disappears. I can't open the fan hub aand i really want to have a look around but it just wont let me. Any tips??

I dl the fanhub last night and I had the same problem. After reloading several times it eventually come up with steam needing an update. Had no dramas since. So make sure (manually) all updates are in place?
This sounds like it might be the problem I'm having, I'll try this graphics card thing, although I'm pretty sure my laptop hasn't got any fancy graphics cards so I don't know if that will fix it.
(07-05-2017, 11:02 AM)paullyboy Wrote: This sounds like it might be the problem I'm having, I'll try this graphics card thing, although I'm pretty sure my laptop hasn't got any fancy graphics cards so I don't know if that will fix it.

If your laptop is old and doesn't have decent specs, you will have these problems.
All you gotta do is restart your system happened to me
(07-05-2017, 12:52 PM)Wouldubeinta Wrote:
(07-05-2017, 11:02 AM)paullyboy Wrote: This sounds like it might be the problem I'm having, I'll try this graphics card thing, although I'm pretty sure my laptop hasn't got any fancy graphics cards so I don't know if that will fix it.

If your laptop is old and doesn't have decent specs, you will have these problems.

Actually, even a lot of new and very expensive laptops can't run games because they have no discrete graphics card. All those ultra-thin new laptops you see in the shops are useless for gaming. Graphics cards are bulky and they don't fit in the fancy new ultra-books. that means you can pay over $3,000 for a computer that can't even run Photoshop.