Poll: How will the World Cup be incorporated in RLL4
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No World Cup
0%
0 0%
RLL4 initial release
17.65%
6 17.65%
Seperate Game
2.94%
1 2.94%
Paid DLC
52.94%
18 52.94%
Free DLC
26.47%
9 26.47%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
RLL4: World Cup Edition
With Rugby League Live 4 due to release next month, I’m interested in knowing details about when or if a World Cup Edition will be made available. The World Cup Edition may include Official rosters, uniforms, logos and stadiums. Furthermore I wish to provide my opinions.

The following nations would be:
Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, Samoa, France, Fiji, Ireland, Wales, Papua New Guinea, Italy, Tonga, United State and Lebanon.

The New Stadiums (not included in RLL3):
Barlow Park, Cairns
Christchurch Stadium, Christchurch
Waikato Stadium, Hamilton
National Football Stadium, Port Moresby

I know we are now equipped with a Stadium creator but having officially licensed stadiums just adds to the authenticity.

Player Likenesses:
Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Samoa and Tonga will most likely have players that have participated in the NRL face scans. I’m unsure why RLL4 will have no Super League player scans; It would prove difficult to travel to Britain with the gear without the budget blowing out.

Due to the World Cup being in Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea, This opportunity of having 14 nations so close won’t come for at least another 12 years. The 2021 World Cup will be held in England and the 2025 World Cup will be held in North America.

So Tru Blu/Big Ant Should grab this chance and face scan world cup players. Especially English and French players, so fans of the game from the Northern Hemisphere can relate when playing Super League.

I can’t remember from memory but I believe Tru Blu did the face scanning, though I could be wrong. Once again teams playing outside of NSW and QLD for the Tournament may find it difficult to associate with. I’m not sure if all teams show up to Sydney before the tournament starts for a photoshoot or marketing etc. This could be a good time to get the nations in. Teams like England and Lebanon play in Sydney, and France plays in Canberra so that could be a good start.

Luke Gale is the British cover star but no similarities are displayed? It’s like having Lionel Messi as the cover star of FIFA but in the game you can only recognise him because he plays for Barcelona, he is the shortest player on the field and wears the number 10 jersey.

England: Sam Tomkins and Ryan Hall
France: Theo Fages and Morgan Escare
Wales: Ben Flower and Rhys Evans
Scotland: Danny Brough and Matty Russell

Having players as listed above licensed would surely add a realistic nature to the game. It would also draw attention from your targeted audience. For example when playing FIFA with an A-League team you can only recognise players due to the name displayed below the player. Personally I find it disappointing to play, though that could just be me.

The FanHub is available and does allow people to create similarities and there are some talented people out their creating some fantastic work (RLL3). Though it seemed Super League’s player profiles left a lot to be desired.

I do hope you understand the points listed above, I also wish to find out whether others feel the same way. Especially those of you from the Northern Hemisphere. Ultimately I am truly looking forward to more details about the game.
I'd happily buy a world cup edition dlc or new full title later in the year and the standard in July - good idea, especially with stadiums and likenesses
I wouldn't mind paying but I'm English..... So I'd rather have it free Wink
I'd pay, but would like it in RLL4.

Also, I'd like to be able to create teams outside the World Cup Qualifiers and Assign them as International teams that could be used in Franchise. Imagine taking Norway to the Final of the World Cup and Mathias Vada Stenseth-Holm scoring the winning try.

http://www.rlif.com/article/8289/norway-...tch-report

Yes, I need the Fanhub. :p
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I voted Paid DLC, i wouldn't want to have to pay for a WC edition just a couple of months after buying the full game, that doesn't make any sense but paying for a DLC for say £10 would be reasonable. I'm sure they could sell the WC edition as a new game and put DLC out there for those of us who have the original RLL4 game.

As i am from the UK it is a big shame SL likenesses are not going to be in this game, although i do believe the England internationals had face scans done during the International weekend not long back so the star names like Gale, Hall, Watkins etc... should be done, which is something. I hope more people get involved in the fan hub creations this time on the SL player side of things, i will try do some myself where time allows.
(06-28-2017, 10:18 PM)Ruck Wrote: I'd pay, but would like it in RLL4.

Also, I'd like to be able to create teams outside the World Cup Qualifiers and Assign them as International teams that could be used in Franchise. Imagine taking Norway to the Final of the World Cup and Mathias Vada Stenseth-Holm scoring the winning try.

http://www.rlif.com/article/8289/norway-...tch-report

Yes, I need the Fanhub. :p

Yes also a World Cup qualifying campaign were you can take your nation through the process to make a world cup. Endless possibilities, also Charnze Nickoll-Klokstad giving the pass off to Mathias Vada Stenseth-Holm to win the world cup for Norway lol Smile
(06-28-2017, 10:19 PM)BigMoz Wrote: As i am from the UK it is a big shame SL likenesses are not going to be in this game, although i do believe the England internationals had face scans done during the International weekend not long back so the star names like Gale, Hall, Watkins etc... should be done, which is something.

Didn't know that sounds good, step in the right direction. Always wanted an authentic looking Ryan Hall been a great player for a long time.
(06-28-2017, 10:29 PM)pure_brad Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 10:19 PM)BigMoz Wrote: As i am from the UK it is a big shame SL likenesses are not going to be in this game, although i do believe the England internationals had face scans done during the International weekend not long back so the star names like Gale, Hall, Watkins etc... should be done, which is something.

Didn't know that sounds good, step in the right direction. Always wanted an authentic looking Ryan Hall been a great player for a long time.

Yeah its good news, confirmed here -

https://twitter.com/England_RL/status/85...3666980869
(06-28-2017, 10:42 PM)BigMoz Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 10:29 PM)pure_brad Wrote:

Yeah its good news, confirmed here -

https://twitter.com/England_RL/status/85...3666980869
Awesome Smile
Just start releasing the game annually( with improvements) around march. We would all buy it every year
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch