Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RLL3 AI Mod
(06-16-2017, 02:56 AM)Wouldubeinta Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 02:12 AM)Itchy Hram Wrote: Thanks Wouldy. I tested a few games with it. Perhaps I did something wrong, but I did'nt really see any difference in the support passing, but intercepts seemed to be more frequent which I kind of like. Could have been placebo as I have not played in a long time. I'll try to test a few more games.

You will notice it more in career mode, because I'm loosing easy games by 10 points which I should win.

I was looking at it more from the point of the AI drawing and passing more when they make a break and are in open space. Have not noticed a change there, but in general the AI does play more dynamically. In any case mate, great find and thanks for sharing.
(06-16-2017, 05:59 PM)Itchy Hram Wrote:
(06-16-2017, 02:12 AM)Itchy Hram Wrote: Thanks Wouldy. I tested a few games with it. Perhaps I did something wrong, but I did'nt really see any difference in the support passing, but intercepts seemed to be more frequent which I kind of like. Could have been placebo as I have not played in a long time. I'll try to test a few more games.

You will notice it more in career mode, because I'm loosing easy games by 10 points which I should win.

I was looking at it more from the point of the AI drawing and passing more when they make a break and are in open space. Have not noticed a change there, but in general the AI does play more dynamically. In any case mate, great find and thanks for sharing.

The ai seem to throw the ball around more when they have momentum.

No probs, I'm still looking into other things I can do with the ai.
(06-16-2017, 11:41 PM)Wouldubeinta Wrote:

The ai seem to through the ball around more when they have momentum.

Appreciate it mate. Bonus points if you find a way to reduce strips Smile
I must ask, why didn't BigAnt create this mod?
(06-16-2017, 11:41 PM)Wouldubeinta Wrote:

The ai seem to throw the ball around more when they have momentum.

Great stuff mate!! Played a few more games and there is definitely an improvement in the AI, plus the additional intercepts makes it more risky to throw the ball around. From what I have seen of the new game, there appears to be alot of things carried over from #3 which is welcome news from a modding point of view. Just hope the fanhub players can be carried across.
Hi Mate,

Not sure if you are still reading these forums. I will PM you as well. Happy to reserve judgement, but from what I have seen from the gameplay videos and feedback from BA to a few PM's I think I am going to stick with RLL3. Just wondering if you were still looking into some more AI tweaks....would be happy to help out if I can. I wont be doing my Winfield Cup mod for RLL4 for a multitude of reason so I guess am hoping to improve 3 somewhat...no pressure of course....just curious. Thanks champ
(06-15-2017, 04:20 PM)Wouldubeinta Wrote: This mod will make the ai pass the ball more to a supporting player.

You will need the RLL3 Blobset Creator and just copy the luascripts.m3mp into the m3mp folder and create the blobset.

luascripts.zip

Hey wouldy, I just want to make sure I have done this correctly as I am playing the itchys Winfield Cup mod but haven't noticed much difference.

I have downloaded the luascript and pasted the file into the m3mp folder which is in the RLL3 Blobset Creator\RLL3Mods.

I then run the blobset creator and click create which gives me a message "blobset file has been created"

Is this correct
(12-16-2017, 04:09 PM)knight1981 Wrote:
(06-15-2017, 04:20 PM)Wouldubeinta Wrote: This mod will make the ai pass the ball more to a supporting player.

You will need the RLL3 Blobset Creator and just copy the luascripts.m3mp into the m3mp folder and create the blobset.

luascripts.zip

Hey wouldy, I just want to make sure I have done this correctly as I am playing the itchys Winfield Cup mod but haven't noticed much difference.

I have downloaded the luascript and pasted the file into the m3mp folder which is in the RLL3 Blobset Creator\RLL3Mods.

I then run the blobset creator and click create which gives me a message "blobset file has been created"

Is this correct

Yes thats correct. You may not notice it straight away, but you will notice the difference eventually.
(12-16-2017, 04:09 PM)knight1981 Wrote:

luascripts.zip

Is this correct

Yeah I thought I the same when I first downloaded it...but you will notice it more and more, but only really in career mode. To me it makes a huge difference....I find my passes get intercepted more if I fool around, and when the AI have a leg up then you notice them pass and draw alot more. For me RLL3 is the perfect game for someone who loved who the game was played in the 80's and early 90's. Playing against Canberrra or Brisbane is next to impossible to win. I cant get within 20 points of them...yet its easy to beat the Gold Coast or Western Suburbs...this is where RLL3 got it really spot on....the table shows a true representation of the teams abilities.