Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Player Ratings
Don’t think any league games to date have ever gotten the player ratings and growth spot on. Surely can’t be terribly difficult to get right in the scheme of things.

Its particularly annoying when every second player is 90 rated a couple seasons in to a career save. 

Player ratings in other games, like FIFA, are pretty much perfect. Only a couple players over 90 - future legends - and progressively more players as the ratings go on. 

Top 30 or so NRL players and their ratings might be (Opinion, Obviously)

Jonathan Thurston - 95
Cameron Smith - 94
Cooper Cronk - 90
Andrew Fifita - 89
Billy Slater - 88
Sam Burgess - 87
Darius Boyd - 87
James Tedesco - 87
Jarryd Hayne - 87
Boyd Cordner - 87
Paul Gallen - 87
Matt Gillett - 87
Greg Inglis - 87
Jason Taumalolo - 87
James Maloney - 86
Matt Scott - 86
Shaun Johnson - 86
James Roberts - 86
James Graham - 85
Jesse Bromwich - 85
Josh McGuire - 85
Anthony Milford - 85
Mitchell Pearce - 85
Wade Graham - 85
Josh Dugan - 85
Jordan Rapana - 85
Adam Blair - 85
Aaron Woods - 85
Jack Bird - 85
Will Chambers - 85
Blake Ferguson - 85
Trent Merrin - 85
Jared Warea-Hargreaves - 85
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - 85
Josh Papalii - 85
Michael Jennings - 85
Semi Radradra - 85
Dane Gagai - 85

Potentials would also need to be tweaked. Every player shouldn’t grow exponentially until they pretty much retire. Guys like Ponga, Ash Taylor and Latrell Mitchell shouldn’t become future immortals in every save, but have the potential to be great if they are given enough game time/training. 

At the end of the day, its really not much effort for what its worth. It would be annoying if we couldn’t at least change the individual attributes ourselves this time around.
The main issue with ratings in the last game was that the stats were linked, this meant that a lot of the players were very similar.

I also think that bar speed i have never really felt there was much difference playing with the top players as to playing with average ones.
I would argue it would be extremely difficult to get stats right, seeing as half of them are objective at best and that they are near impossible to quantify in real world. I imagine they rely on anecdotal evidence such as the popular perceived performance to reflect player ability digitally 

For example, Cameron Smith is hardly athletic (relatively speaking), but is one of the best players in the game, His overall stats are going to likely be in the 90s so his speed and strength or agility or whatever will be high achieve this...queue whinging... 

Add to that fans bias you'll never win (e.g Cherry Evans is sh*t he plays for manly the only good stat he should have is back flipping rabble rabble rabble) 

As long as the ratings reflect gameplay in a meaningful way and the ability to edit these (locally) remains we should be fine 

Didn't much like the ratings mechanic in RLL3 either, I think BA heard that one loud and clear on release though
I agree it's hard to reflect rugby league stats in a game but there should be some system where you can have a 90 rated forward without massive speed and passing ability
Same as Thurston shouldn't be able to steam roll every forward
Anyone  think because  Reynolds  is the cover player  is rating  is  going  to  be  way overs
I've always said that player positioning and support play should be a stat same in defence so it can be more realistic and also break tackles should be way more prominent e.g. with fifita and Rapana they should break tackles on nearly every run
(06-13-2017, 02:04 PM)Ross96p Wrote: I agree it's hard to reflect rugby league stats in a game but there should be some system where you can have a 90 rated forward without massive speed and passing ability
Same as Thurston shouldn't be able to steam roll every forward

I agree with this a lot.
Getting stats right is just as hard as reading a light grey text on a dark grey background.