Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DBC 17 bugs! No updates???
Why no patches for PC yet?
Its so frustrating to play the career mode with too many bugs

-Commentator randomly says its 3 for 1. 
-Whenever scores 10+ in an over, commentator says its a maiden and good bowling.
-Commentator says good shot when its a catch out.
-Graphics quality is also bit poor.

And finally its mostly a catch while trying a six. Why is the gameplay so hard?  Angry
(02-17-2017, 05:49 PM)12ansan Wrote: Why no patches for PC yet?

-Whenever scores 10+ in an over, commentator says its a maiden and good bowling.

And finally its mostly a catch while trying a six. Why is the gameplay so hard?  Angry

1. The commentator says "through for 1" when there is a single.
2. Who cares.
3. They are most likely reacting to the timing of the shot and obviously cannot predict it is going to be caught, and again who cares.
4. Graphics are perfectly fine, the details and animations are fine too.
5. Yes it is hard, get better. Or leave bowling difficulty as it is and lower the batting difficulty and let the ai hit your sixes.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(02-17-2017, 06:09 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 05:49 PM)12ansan Wrote: Why no patches for PC yet?

1. The commentator says "through for 1" when there is a single.
2. Who cares.
3. They are most likely reacting to the timing of the shot and obviously cannot predict it is going to be caught, and again who cares.
4. Graphics are perfectly fine, the details and animations are fine too.
5. Yes it is hard, get better. Or leave bowling difficulty as it is and lower the batting difficulty and let the ai hit your sixes.

Actually the graphics is bit lower than previous. The skin shading looks plastic. If you look at fifa 16, the skin texture is realistic. Then wherever there's shadow in the environment, its too dark. Need to fix lighting global illumination. The background trees are blurry. Sometimes the batsman goes through stumps. If they make a patch, that would be way better. Overall this is the best cricket pc game so far.
And like I said, I'm perfectly happy with the graphics, I'm not looking at skin textures, shadows or background trees.

As for players going through the stumps, I imagine it was just easier to do this than have the player jump or do an awkward shimmy to the left or right to avoid them.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(02-18-2017, 06:52 AM)theaxe1606 Wrote: And like I said, I'm perfectly happy with the graphics, I'm not looking at skin textures, shadows or background trees.

As for players going through the stumps, I imagine it was just easier to do this than have the player jump or do an awkward shimmy to the left or right to avoid them.

I had been with fifa 16 and then coming into this.. feels bit bad(check their texture quality) also Call of Duty Infinite warfare. then in dbc 17 demo, they had fixed the batsman going through stumps.
Possibly because Iam a computer animation student, so Iam noticing these little flaws ?.
Each to their own... but considering DBC17 is Big Ant's second offering in their Cricket game series, I think it's a bit ridiculous to compare it to the 23rd (correct me if I'm wrong) version of a Soccer game with a way bigger budget.

Their first game was way better than any other cricket game that preceded it and Big Ant will continue to push forward with each game (which I wish I could say about EA Sports who take more stuff out of Fifa than they put in... but who cares as long as they're selling the Fifa points right?)

People notice flaws... it's nothing special or career based. But like Axe says... a lot of them are "Who Cares" flaws. Yes, it'd be nice if they were worked out... but they don't detract from the game. Much like when my Quarterback in Madden would dislocate his arm to throw a pass... yeah it looked ugly (and painful) but it didn't affect the pass... so game on.

Player graphics are fine and one again.. I'd take Big Ant over EA any day. DBC17 doesn't use player scans so there is already going to be a quality difference, however DBC gives you the Academy which enables you to make ANY player or ANY team. EA's NBA series have been less than admirable in the player creator side of things (Wiggas and Scan your face options.. both... very sad) and all EA games could do with an Academy.

Big Ant aren't interested in FUT... so they'll continue to improve their game. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(02-18-2017, 10:13 AM)Ruck Wrote: Each to their own... but considering DBC17 is Big Ant's second offering in their Cricket game series, I think it's a bit ridiculous to compare it to the 23rd (correct me if I'm wrong) version of a Soccer game with a way bigger budget.

Their first game was way better than any other cricket game that preceded it and Big Ant will continue to push forward with each game (which I wish I could say about EA Sports who take more stuff out of Fifa than they put in... but who cares as long as they're selling the Fifa points right?)

People notice flaws... it's nothing special or career based. But like Axe says... a lot of them are "Who Cares" flaws. Yes, it'd be nice if they were worked out... but they don't detract from the game. Much like when my Quarterback in Madden would dislocate his arm to throw a pass... yeah it looked ugly (and painful) but it didn't affect the pass... so game on.

Player graphics are fine and one again.. I'd take Big Ant over EA any day. DBC17 doesn't use player scans so there is already going to be a quality difference, however DBC gives you the Academy which enables you to make ANY player or ANY team. EA's NBA series have been less than admirable in the player creator side of things (Wiggas and Scan your face options.. both... very sad) and all EA games could do with an Academy.

Big Ant aren't interested in FUT... so they'll continue to improve their game. Smile
Yes this is the best cricket pc game so far.. but I would still like an update ?
(02-18-2017, 06:52 AM)theaxe1606 Wrote: And like I said, I'm perfectly happy with the graphics, I'm not looking at skin textures, shadows or background trees.

Well, DBC 14 had no major flaws like this one.

I simply quit playing this. Frustrating.