Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Game on the way!! Confirmed
The 3D profiling for players looks really good. on Tru Blu's facebook page there is pictures of likenesses for the new AFL game where they used the same method. They look perfect! 

The new game must have a much bigger budget if they're doing things like this which is even better news..

Surely this game will be announced pretty soon.
(01-15-2017, 06:19 AM)callmack1 Wrote: The new game must have a much bigger budget if they're doing things like this which is even better news..

Maybe the AFL are kicking in some funding. Would be nice if AFL/NRL realized the marketing potential of these games. I mean they did just sign billion dollar tv deals. Surely they can throw these studios some helping cash.
3D profiling Big Grin great find Callmack!
Nice find  Big Grin

A few things/speculations come to mind though, Ross when more active on here spoke about difficulty of animating 3d modeled faces and that being a reason for not undertaking before (maybe new tech since then)

How would this impact the prevailing trend of player hubs and the obvious inability to edit 3d modelled players (quick answer locking them)

With WW promoting modelling tech for AFL Evolution could this be a foreshadowing (shutters) that WW will be the the developer for a new RL title as BA focuses on DBC, speculated tennis title and other games?

Otherwise extremely enthusiastic for a new RL and if BA are at the helm likely a stadium builder, prior commitment by BA to include female athletes in future titles by Ross, existing excellent features and new fantastic likenesses, basing off available info and the impressive WW AFL likenesses shown using similar/same modelling tech
(01-15-2017, 09:13 PM)davies11 Wrote: With WW promoting modelling tech for AFL Evolution could this be a foreshadowing (shutters) that WW will be the the developer for a new RL title as BA focuses on DBC, speculated tennis title and other games?
Could be....based on certain dialogue here, there were a few times I thought to myself that BA may not be doing the next instalment, but I hope I am wrong. Time will tell I guess.
(01-15-2017, 09:13 PM)davies11 Wrote: With WW promoting modelling tech for AFL Evolution could this be a foreshadowing (shutters) that WW will be the the developer for a new RL title as BA focuses on DBC, speculated tennis title and other games?

The only reason I don't share your concern is that we know BA have a 5 game contract. Of course these things can change If Tru Blu wanted to go another way, they may of had a 5 game AFL contract that we didn't know about but, I think it is just shared tech.
I was also wondering about the 3d modelling because Ross did say they couldn't use their facial animations with it, maybe Tru Blu has everyone running on 1 engine now (perhaps Sidhe's RC engine).

And I also don't believe Ross would have spent the $ on a mocap studio if he didn't have some kind of guaranteed funded title to develop.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
Further speculation at the risk of being rain at the proverbial parade, hope to see no facial animation trade off for 3d modeling not that I'd make it a sticking point on any future title.

One huge added bonus would be the new mocap studio you mention for any new RL title by BA.

All in all I'm one of those that was immensely pleased with Rll3 and am eager to see BAs continued involvement in RL games
All I ask this time is that it isn't built from scratch again, we have had 3 games, all of them brand new from graphics styles to gameplay. No doubt they have improved features everytime but none have played like the other.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
If WW was to take over I'd hope that Ross would do me a favour and develop a non-licensed Rugby League game for me to play in prison... the place I'd be going for the horrible things I would do if Big Ant were to stop making Rugby League games.

Jarrod McCracken's Rugby League Live 17.... has a good ring to it. Big Grin

I think it's safe to assume Big Ant have done enough to keep making the games.... although I do have questions about how this could affect the FanHub. (????)
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Surely it's just Big Ant and Wicked Witch sharing assets. They all get along in Melbourne right lol