Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What a game. Hull KR v Salford
The million pound game. Hull KR v Salford Reds. Winner stays in Super League. As my team (Leeds Rhinos.....still Rhinos to me like) finished the league in below mid table mediocrity, I decided to drive through the M62 to Hull....to give them some fellow Yorkshire support against the Reds from the other side of the Pennines. What a game! Hull had it in the bag until a last minute try by the Reds. The resulting conversion kick would win the game for the Reds.....it was missed!  Phew....this is close. And it was over and done in the first few minutes of sudden death overtime. Salford kicked a 48 metre drop goal!!!  What a game.....I still can't believe how the Reds clawed it back to win it.  Rugby league.....best game in the world.
(10-03-2016, 05:32 AM)Frankieabbott Wrote: The million pound game. Hull KR v Salford Reds. Winner stays in Super League. As my team (Leeds Rhinos.....still Rhinos to me like) finished the league in below mid table mediocrity, I decided to drive through the M62 to Hull....to give them some fellow Yorkshire support against the Reds from the other side of the Pennines. What a game! Hull had it in the bag until a last minute try by the Reds. The resulting conversion kick would win the game for the Reds.....it was missed!  Phew....this is close. And it was over and done in the first few minutes of sudden death overtime. Salford kicked a 48 metre drop goal!!!  What a game.....I still can't believe how the Reds clawed it back to win it.  Rugby league.....best game in the world.

Sounds awesome, and nothing beats being there to soak in the atmosphere.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
Go the Reds... I'm a Wigan fan but developed a soft spot for the Devils when The General played for them. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”