Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this game worth $50?
I ask because I do balk at that price. I'm sorry, I just do. I realize this developer does a lot of niche sports games and I really appreciate that. It seems they believe that to make money back from a limited market they have to maximize full-price sales. It's ok that it's as much as some AAA titles if they really need it to build and continue these franchises. But I do really hate the fact that their games are NEVER on sale. Not even the winter or summer steam sales, not even a little bit. Not even the games that have been out a long while and stagnating in sales.(this one is still fairly new)

At some point, all the hardcores that would do 50 have done so. I think a 10 dollar slash would get you so many more sales and people interested in your games. Maybe not now, even. Even bringing the modest preorder discount back would be psychologically better for people to take and justify for themselves.
I can't speak for the game because I don't own it. As for Big Ant titles going on special, Don Bradman has been on sale multiple times, usually through their website not a steam sale. As far as RLL and Lacrosse, that would be a decision for Tru Blu and Crosse Studios respectively, not Big Ant.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(07-24-2016, 03:31 AM)sphanlon Wrote: I ask because I do balk at that price. I'm sorry, I just do. I realize this developer does a lot of niche sports games and I really appreciate that. It seems they believe that to make money back from a limited market they have to maximize full-price sales. It's ok that it's as much as some AAA titles if they really need it to build and continue these franchises. But I do really hate the fact that their games are NEVER on sale. Not even the winter or summer steam sales, not even a little bit. Not even the games that have been out a long while and stagnating in sales.(this one is still fairly new)

At some point, all the hardcores that would do 50 have done so. I think a 10 dollar slash would get you so many more sales and people interested in your games. Maybe not now, even. Even bringing the modest preorder discount back would be psychologically better for people to take and justify for themselves.

That's my main problem with Big Ant. They make niche sporting games with VERY few licenses and charge insane prices for them. They'll do the same with AO Tennis, I bet that will be like $99NZD like Ashes.

Man, you better have a fully licensed game for that price. Most people will just buy Tennis World Tour instead, which will be half the price. It's a shame they price out the people on the fence, not everyone loves these sports enough to cough up that much.
(05-07-2018, 01:07 PM)marts30 Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 03:31 AM)sphanlon Wrote: I ask because I do balk at that price. I'm sorry, I just do. I realize this developer does a lot of niche sports games and I really appreciate that. It seems they believe that to make money back from a limited market they have to maximize full-price sales. It's ok that it's as much as some AAA titles if they really need it to build and continue these franchises. But I do really hate the fact that their games are NEVER on sale. Not even the winter or summer steam sales, not even a little bit. Not even the games that have been out a long while and stagnating in sales.(this one is still fairly new)

At some point, all the hardcores that would do 50 have done so. I think a 10 dollar slash would get you so many more sales and people interested in your games. Maybe not now, even. Even bringing the modest preorder discount back would be psychologically better for people to take and justify for themse

That's my main problem with Big Ant. They make niche sporting games with VERY few licenses and charge insane prices for them. They'll do the same with AO Tennis, I bet that will be like $99NZD like Ashes.

Man, you better have a fully licensed game for that price. Most people will just buy Tennis World Tour instead, which will be half the price. It's a shame they price out the people on the fence, not everyone loves these sports enough to cough up that much.
     As far as the game if you own CPL 16 (as I do) I do not see a big upgrade here, better graphics and slightly improved gameplay. Features and content are the same. As far as is it worth 50(USD), its worth what people will pay. I'm sure if they thought they would sell 4x as many games if the reduced the price 25% they would, that's business economics. Question is, is it worth it to you?