Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Don Bradman Cricket 17 Academy Demo Feedback
Since the Don Bradman Cricket 17 Academy demo is now out for everyone on Steam we'd like to hear your feedback about what you think the new version of the Academy is like.

If you've had any issues or anomalies this would be the place to put it as well. Please ensure your comments on issues are easy to interperate and understand so we can get to a resolution as soon as possible.

Leave all comments and opinions here.

For those that want to find the demo, the link is here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/465090/

Thanks and enjoy!
Sweet... grabbing it now. Big Grin

First complaint... why isn't this all in RLL3. Smile Only had a quick look but there is a lot in there to be happy with. A few new fine-tuney things that will make creating accurate players a lot easier. Will have to give it a deeper look later but definitely another step up in the Player Creation side of things. Big Grin
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Gonna test it, downloading it right now, BigAnt Take a bow
Yay...that is all.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
So far it's good.
But the resolution still does not reach 4k. and some scaling problems.
Wheey Academy is baaack!

Couple of things, will more types of stubble be made available? At the moment it looks a bit tailored towards teenage stubble rather than full beard stubble... just a bit off putting. Also the beards look a bit messy and like they are lower resolution textures than the rest of the faces, although they only look bad up close really.

Loving the new tattoo options.

The eye modifiers, will they be expanded? Last time we were able to alter the position of the inner and outer eye and now all we have is inner and outer top lid height, and I felt that moving the inner and outer eyes in and out really add a massive difference in customisation.

New slider bars are great, once you know which way everything moves. So much easier!

Searching for created players by date should retrieve the newest additions FIRST. A lot of the older models don't look quite as good in the new version.

I will be off spending my afternoon on CA now. Big Grin
[Image: AVrxy6Y.png]
can we have timming & Placement as one of the skills for the batsmen. Which could mean bigger timing meters for batsmen particularly good at it and players with higher placement skill more likely to find the gaps. We have strength in the game for power players like gayle and dhoni. Timing and placement would benefit more orthodox players like amla, kohli who are less powerfull but equally effective.

Also feel there should be consistency for batsmen too. As some players eventhough very good arent consistent Eg. Maxxwell & Rohit sharma. Where some players are very consistent like Kohli, joe root etc
The Don Bradman Cricket 17 Academy Looks Promising.

PLAYER CREATION
I am pleased with the player appearance design. I understand how important PLAYER DEVELOPMENT is for CAREER MODE, but for game modes OUTSIDE of CAREER MODE we should have the freedom to decide what caliber of player that we want. The Player types have too many steep weaknesses to make a complete 5 star competitor in the game. Even when I try all different player types, I could not make my player to the level that I would prefer for game modes OUTSIDE of CAREER MODE. For all game modes OUTSIDE of CAREER MODE, Instead of 480 points for the Technical Abilities in all player types, 540 points should be the default to make a higher caliber player.Timing, Placement, and Consistency for batsman would be a huge addition for the game, because gamers who are new to this Era of Cricket Games. Here is the way that I think would make the NON CAREER MODE player types and player creation process better for the overall outcome of the game.

1. For the ALLROUNDER, This player type should have superb skills in BATTING, BOWLING, and FIELDING. This means that BATTING, BOWLING, and FIELDING should be set at a max of 100 for each skill area.

2. For the BATSMAN, This player type should have well rounded skills but also put an intense emphasis on BATTING. This means that BOWLING should be set at a max of 85 for each skill area; However, BATTING and FIELDING should be set at a max of 100 for each skill area.

3. For the BOWLER, This player type should have well rounded skills but also put an intense emphasis on BOWLING. This means that BATTING should be set at a max of 85 for each skill area; However, BOWLING and FIELDING should be set at a max of 100 for each skill area.

4. For the BATTING ALLROUNDER, This player type should have well rounded skills but also put a slight emphasis on BATTING. This means that BOWLING should be set at a max of 95 for each skill area; However, BATTING and FIELDING should be set at a max of 100 for each skill area.

5. For the BOWLING ALLROUNDER, This player type should have well rounded skills but also put a slight emphasis on BOWLING. This means that BATTING should be set at a max of 95 for each skill area; However, BOWLING and FIELDING should be set at a max of 100 for each skill area.

6. For the WICKETKEEPER, This player type should have superb skills in FIELDING and BATTING without any BOWLING skills. This means that FIELDING and BATTING should be set at a max of 100 for each skill area.

TEAMS
I would like to select the country that my team is located in.
Set commentary that says the city and State or the city and country for the location of your match.

MATCHES
The ability to play a super over on a 2 innings match
The ability to set up to 5 start times for the shorter match types.

UMPIRES
Let us put Competition logos on umpire's hats and shirts.

COMPETITIONS
Let us add single matches or Several day Series's to our competition. Use the calendar for match scheduling.
Set the country that the competition is located in.
Set conferences and divisions that teams are in,
Set a trophy for winning the conference.
Set the number of Knockout phases in the road to the championship.

Let me know what you think of these suggested changes. THANK YOU!
(05-28-2016, 01:54 PM)jmansimmons Wrote: Let me know what you think of these needed changes! THANK YOU!

Probably good suggestions but given how you're demanding things when we haven't seen/played the game I didn't bother reading through.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
Has looked at the player creation side of the game, demands "needed" changes. LOL

Suggestions are welcome but without more to go on, it's a bit early to be dictating terms. I'm willing to back Big Ant at this stage, as I don't see the need for maxed players and would hope that player development is like previous games.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”