Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thoughts Regarding The Patch
Hello,

A long time ago (last year) I compiled a list of the wrong NRL positions stating the fixes so myself and others could play a realistic Career mode.
Ross and HBK assured myself and others that the positions would be corrected and would be added into the patch however the patch hasn't included the fixes.
Can someone from BA explain to me what has happened?
Also this thread is for your issues and thoughts regarding the Patch.
Cheers,
NRLHalfback02

Another issue I've found is when the attacking team are in the try zone, the opposition AI will run in circles while the attacker doesn't sprint however as soon as the attacker sprints the defender tackles them. Very odd bug.
My thoughts regarding the patch are that it's brilliant. I almost couldn't finish my first game because I wanted so much to come back on here and thank Big Ant for it. The difference for those who haven't played the already patched Steam version is amazing.

I never got the sense that anything had been over-tweaked, or under. I played only on Pro, which was the difficulty I was struggling with (and Amateur was far too easy) and I got a great game, the AI played well and so did my guys. The forwards are better, the ability to make yards with the big men seems well adjusted and is going to make it much more realistic for many.

There are simply too many things improved to post for me, but I have to say this, Rugby League Live 3 was like this for me (bear in mind I weight games heavily towards all round playability/longevity).

Graphics - 8
Features - 8
Playability - 5.5
Overall - 6

Now I'd say:

Graphics - 8
Features - 8.5
Playability - 8
Overall - 8.5

It really is a much better game now, there might be some minor nitpicks to be found, but I'm just extremely impressed with this improvement. Thanks.

(04-07-2016, 06:33 PM)NRLHalfback02 Wrote: Hello,

A long time ago (last year) I compiled a list of the wrong NRL positions stating the fixes so myself and others could play a realistic Career mode.
Ross and HBK assured myself and others that the positions would be corrected and would be added into the patch however the patch hasn't included the fixes.
Cheers,
NRLHalfback02

Another issue I've found is when the attacking team are in the try zone, the opposition AI will run in circles while the attacker doesn't sprint however as soon as the attacker sprints the defender tackles them. Very odd bug.

FanHub.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
Seriously, this game has improved immensely from this patch. Pro mode feels much better now & I love the 7 minute halves.

Thank you Big Ant for all you've done for us Smile

Also F**k you Tru Blu for making us wait so long!!!
I'm updating now.
(04-07-2016, 10:21 PM)Ross Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 06:33 PM)NRLHalfback02 Wrote: Hello,

Cheers,
NRLHalfback02

FanHub.

So that list was pointless than? So PC users get the corrected positions yet console users don't ? Doesn't seem right to me..
Console version = PC Version

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(04-07-2016, 11:00 PM)Ross Wrote: Console version = PC Version

HBK said that the positions had been updated on PC and they would be added to console with the patch, that's why I'm curious Ross.
Offtopic but I just watched Rugby Challenge 3 gameplay video and it looks shit! Hard to see the difference between RC2 and RC3. What pisses me the most is after 3 iterations, they still can't get the fullback right in RC3.

In all 3 series, the fullback never gets involved in attack and always stands 20m back even if his team has the ball. Thats my rant for the day!
(04-07-2016, 11:15 PM)Yuna Wrote: Offtopic but I just watched Rugby Challenge 3 gameplay video and it looks shit! Hard to see the difference between RC2 and RC3. What pisses me the most is after 3 iterations, they still can't get the fullback right in RC3.

In all 3 series, the fullback never gets involved in attack and always stands 20m back even if his team has the ball. Thats my rant for the day!

Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from WW.