Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Don Bradman Cricket 16 Suggestions
Ive played DB14 on pc and im not satisfied at all but still DB14 is the best cricket game ive ever played.
New things we need in DB cricket 2016 are:
Keyboard controls for PC because its one of the main reason why i dont play DBCricket 14 much.
Realistic gameplay for Test,ODI and T20.
Realistic pitch and weather condition behaviour.
Realistic captaincy IA as Offspinner should bowl and get more wickets when an left hander is batting.Same goes with left hand spinner should be more economical bowlers when bowls to right hand batsman but get punishment when bowls to left hand batsmen.Another thing is left arm orthodox bowlers are more effective in subcontinental pitches.
Legspinners are expensive but they are wicket tacking bowlers.
Batsman should be categorized as Brute(Chris Gayle or Afridi),Aggressive(David warner,Maxwell...),Mode oriented(Shakib Al Hasan,Eoin Morgan...Who can play according to situaton),Defensive(Misbah ul haq...),Perfect batsman(Like AB de villiers who can be Brute,aggressive or defensive in repective T20,ODI or TEST matches).
Batsmen IA should have favourite shots selection like Tamim Iqbal always prefers hits sixes with advanced shots or Kevin pietersen goes with reverse sweep ext...
Bowlers should have stock delivaries like Ravi ashwin has carrom ball or Mustafizur Rahman has Offcutters.
Bowlers caratteristics should have effects on formats.Like some bowlers are dangerous ODI bowler but in TEST matches they're bowling averages are ordinary.
In matches players should get injured sometimes than 12th man can substitute him in fielding.
Realistic sizes of cricket grounds.
Career mode more realistic.Career player should get dropped when is out of form or when got injured.
Realistic game simulation.There are many person like me who likes enjoy watching simulated matches rather playing it.Run rate chasing should be more realistic.If required batsmen should hits sixes in last overs of the matches.
IT WILL BE FANTASTIC IF YOU ADD A MANAGER MODE AS WELL LIKE FOOTBALL MANAGER SERIES.
Umm ok, some of that stuff sounds plausible, the stuff about the bowlers just sounds like gibberish to me.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(02-04-2016, 07:35 AM)theaxe1606 Wrote: Umm ok, some of that stuff sounds plausible, the stuff about the bowlers just sounds like gibberish to me.

Agree Axe - kinda skimmed through it after the 'key board controls are needed' comment
I can't see Keyboard making a return, it'd either overcomplicate things or require the game to be dumbed down.

Still a fan of injuries... it would make all that effort that goes into hitting a batsman more rewarding.Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Keyboard controls won't work; you will need a perfect idea of where each key is, and in many situations, you will have to make a 3-4 key combination within half a second. For example, while batting, your left hand will control the foot placement and position, your right hand will control the arrow keys, how will you select the shot type? It will just lead to people complaining that the game is unplayable and all that. Also, how will you add spin to the ball? How will you decide just how much to the off side you will pitch the ball? Not a good idea, in my opinion.

I don't understand what you mean by realistic gameplay; it seems realistic enough to me. There are a few issues here and there, like sporadic catches to slips and batters taking it slow while chasing anything over 4 RPO, but those are minor issues and will be patched easily.

Players are already classified as Aggressive/Defensive/Brute/Conservative/Precise etc. and I'm positive that it reflects on their batting as well.

I don't know, man.. I wouldn't enjoy it if my career player bowls well in tests but is a DUD in ODIs and T20s.

I am okay with batsmen reacting more to stiff hits by deliveries, but I don't think that injuries are a good idea. The last thing you want during a close run chase, is for your batsman to get carried to the dressing room. With all the equipment and protection gear, injuries are rare anyway. A dynamic/changing playing 11 would be great though. They can provide a reasoning before the match that xyz player is unavailable due to injury.

Getting dropped for poor performance... again, I don't think most people would even make it to their second year in career mode if they were dropped for poor performance. Players should be rested from time to time, but it should have no bearing on the career player. You don't play career mode to be dropped or sit out due to injury.

I think manager mode is another end of the spectrum, but I wouldn't be surprised if Big Ant includes it in the game. I wonder if they would like to make it a separate game though. John Buchanan/Gary Kirsten Cricket Manager 18 maybe? Wink Your competition will be against the likes of Buchanan, Kirsten, John Wright, Bob Woolmer (maybe), Dav Whatmore, Duncan Fletcher and Andy Flower.
Keyboard control is optional as they can add it as simplified controls something similar to EA Cricket 07 or Ashes Cricket 09(I really liked controls of this game).
Atleat they should add icons to bowling delivaries otherwise i dont know what typle of bowling i did.They can mekes a optional HUD with bowlings delivaries names.
More realism i did mean AI of CPU.CPU AI should be more realistic as once i simulated a TEST match and all Batsmen strike rates were like they were playing ODI or T20 as theryre strike rate was more than 70.
They should add Different batsmen category based on different format.Like JP Duminy(TEST:Conservative;ODI & T20:Aggressive) or Shakib al hasan(TEST:Aggressive;ODI or T20:Mood oriented).
Another thing they should add is tournaments statistics example:player statistics(BAtting:Match,Innings,NO,Average,50,100,Strike rates,4's,6's,0's ext...) same with bowlers statistics.Theese statistics were available in DB14 but some was missed like strike rates,6's ,4's ext...
In career mode not only my palyer should get injured but also CPU players should be dropped due to injuries or out of form making this game realistic.Fast bowlers should get more injuries.Injuries should be categorized as minor,normal and major.
The graphic of the game is already fantastic and i dont care about graphics.
Im not satisfied with AI bowlers economy rates as some miser bowler got unrealistic economy rate.
Manger mode can be added but they can makes a Cricket Manager series which i hope
big ant will consider.
We won't compromise the gameplay so as to add keyboard support. It's not as simple as dumbing it down - it would be completely different and impact what we have planned for the complete game.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(02-06-2016, 07:42 PM)Ross Wrote: We won't compromise the gameplay so as to add keyboard support. It's not as simple as dumbing it down - it would be completely different and impact what we have planned for the complete game.

Thanks Ross for replying.
Will there availabe a different DBC16 academy like its predecessor? or a demo version before official release?
Another thing you should consider is CPU bowlers speed variation.In DBC14 bowlers delivaries were of same speed apart from slower delivaries.
Have a nice day.Smile
(02-07-2016, 03:07 AM)zey Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 07:42 PM)Ross Wrote: We won't compromise the gameplay so as to add keyboard support. It's not as simple as dumbing it down - it would be completely different and impact what we have planned for the complete game.

Will there availabe a different DBC16 academy like its predecessor? or a demo version before official release?
Another thing you should consider is CPU bowlers speed variation.In DBC14 bowlers delivaries were of same speed apart from slower delivaries.
Have a nice day.Smile

No worries Smile

There will be an Academy release schedule not unlike the previous that will include playable elements and an ability for you guys to give us feedback on the product and shape the final game.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(02-07-2016, 09:17 PM)Ross Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 03:07 AM)zey Wrote:

Have a nice day.Smile

No worries Smile

There will be an Academy release schedule not unlike the previous that will include playable elements and an ability for you guys to give us feedback on the product and shape the final game.

Sounds Great.