Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
A week to go
So with a little over a week to go with the Kickstarter and us sitting at $70k and needing a total of $266k lets break down some things that need to happen.

I figured the other day we needed 11 pledges a day at $69.00 or more at the least. The Facebook page has over 6k likes. If everyone on the page made a $69.00 pledge we would already be at the goal. We have 9 days remaining on the Kickstarter, yes the goal can be reached but we need a lot of help in the last few days. Get on twitter, email, messenger whatever you need to do to get the word out!
I think you have to consider that it is overpriced. $69 may be a good price in Australia but in the US that is high for a console game. Having sponsored quite a few Kickstarter games , people generally expect a discount from the retail price for loaning their money to the developer for 1-2 years. I know you get the PC version as well and the chance to see the game as it develops, which is great for the enthusiast. But for the average person that has interest in the game you need to be at about $50 before they will put their money up front.

I understand that may be difficult for a small developer to accept, but sometimes you have to explore whether a lower price may generate more sales and in the end bring greater profit.
You may not understand, for $69.00 you get your likeness in the game, design parts of the game, a copy of the game on PC and PS4 or XB1 whichever you have. So for you to say that its overpriced? Cmon..
We'll lets hope I can win the megabucks tonight. It's at 2.4 mil, so should I win this, the game will be funded! Cool
(03-06-2016, 05:10 AM)SprintRCR360 Wrote: You may not understand, for $69.00 you get your likeness in the game, design parts of the game, a copy of the game on PC and PS4 or XB1 whichever you have. So for you to say that its overpriced? Cmon..
I'm just trying to be realistic about what most people are willing to pay, it's not in any way a criticism of Big Ant. Having a copy on two platforms is not something most people will use. Having your likeness in the game; well they could do that with a character creator in most games anyway, plus what are you going to see in game, the back of your head?

I hope it does get funded. I backed the Lacrosse Kickstarter back in 2013 that failed. That offered the console+ pc games for $45. So I have great respect for Big Ant for making it happen three years later and will gladly pay my $60 on day of release.
What happens if we don't reach the target of 266k?

I can donate $69 but unfortunately it won't be until another 3-4 weeks time by then the kickstarter thing is over
(03-06-2016, 10:59 PM)jhack13 Wrote: What happens if we don't reach the target of 266k?

I can donate $69 but unfortunately it won't be until another 3-4 weeks time by then the kickstarter thing is over

Then it's done. I hope they explore other options. Somewhere they can still have us preorder game and at same time start working on game. I guarantee the more videos and screenshots , updates the more people will preorder. If you preorder you still can be involved and get updates. I hope they don't give up. This game will sell. I think some are holding back due to no visual of game. Also a little disappointed that big ant hasn't been giving us tidbits daily to get those on fence excited. They did great first few weeks. How about announcing tracks, driver, other features. Since the ASCS announcement havnt seen a thing. Your trying to raise $266000. You need to keep posting about game. Get people excited, keep explaining kickstarter. Don't give up. Hope for a miracle. Big ant finish week strong and let's talk about game this week.
Tru Blu weren't interested? Sometimes I wish there were more than one video game publisher in Australia other than the incompetent Tru Blu.
This is not a game targeted at Australia.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
I'm sure if BA had a choice they wouldn't go through TB, either.