Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign
(02-15-2016, 08:18 AM)Bgaines14 Wrote: A question about funding. What if I donate and this game does not get made due to lack of money. Does everyone that donated out there money? That would be nice to let everyone no. I no 4 people that are hesitant on donating because of that.

On the kickstart page is says that your card won't be debited until the ending availability date of the kickstart. I.e. If the fund is not successfully fulfilled, your money will not be taken out. Hope that was some help!

(02-13-2016, 10:02 PM)Ross Wrote:
(02-13-2016, 03:38 PM)Nsmalley Wrote: Ross,
We all in the dirt racing community are beyond excited and are so willing to wait for an amazing game. That being said, you need some money. I'm sure you are doing this already, but I think the companies you are looking for support from need to be here in the US. Here in Ohio and other racing states there are tons of racing equipment companies, chassis/car builder companies, and all kinds of little groups that follow the sport in the area or even small but wealthy race teams. Just some suggestions because I think with the right publicity and awareness, this kickstart can get funded easily. I was sure to make my $70 pledge this morning. Thank you Big Ant Studios for bringing our sport back to gaming.

We're banging on as many doors as we can and you're correct, it's through Ohio and the neighbouring states that will determine the fate of the game.

I think it's a good return for a teams sponsors on the vehicles as they will get great coverage for very little $$$ - Any help anyone can give with getting the word out there and getting teams on board would really be appreciated.

PS: Thanks for backing Smile

Thank you Ross. I wish there was some other way I could help. I look forward to seeing lots of social media stuff from you guys to draw some attention your way.
Man I want this game to happen! I've been listening to the live Florida Speedweeks audio on dirtvision the last few days. I thought for sure I'd hear the announcers mention the kickstarter for the game. A lot of people listen to dirtvision as they play live, free audio of every World Of Outlaws sprint & late model race. I don't know, but I would hope they would advertise the kickstarter without a fee. A new dirt track racing game would be a win win situation for the sport we all love! I'm just worried that not enough people even know about the game.
(02-15-2016, 10:01 AM)PaOhWvD1RT Wrote: Man I want this game to happen! I've been listening to the live Florida Speedweeks audio on dirtvision the last few days. I thought for sure I'd hear the announcers mention the kickstarter for the game. A lot of people listen to dirtvision as they play live, free audio of every World Of Outlaws sprint & late model race. I don't know, but I would hope they would advertise the kickstarter without a fee. A new dirt track racing game would be a win win situation for the sport we all love! I'm just worried that not enough people even know about the game.

That's a great suggestion, I'm onto it!
What is the best way for us to get a sponsor? Is there something everyone on this fourm can do? Can we email hoosier or lucas oil or someone? As a joined community, we all email them and then they try to sponsor it? Who is the most likely, or you have already contacted that may do it? I would really get into emailing companies and pounding them to try and get some funding. I wish we could get some major backers to help out.
(02-15-2016, 03:58 PM)birddawg Wrote: What is the best way for us to get a sponsor? Is there something everyone on this fourm can do? Can we email hoosier or lucas oil or someone? As a joined community, we all email them and then they try to sponsor it? Who is the most likely, or you have already contacted that may do it? I would really get into emailing companies and pounding them to try and get some funding. I wish we could get some major backers to help out.
I agree with birddawg. If there's any way we can help, we want to!
Had a question about the game that wasn't really answered in the kickstarter page and I can't find anything on the forums here.

What level of simulation is Big Ant aiming for with this game? Coming from racing sims like rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, and iRacing, I would love it if the dev team were going for a very high level of physics simulation, on the same level as rFactor 2 or something, but I also understand that something like that takes a huge amount of time, effort, and resources when most of the target audience would probably just be happy with something that looks and feel correct without every microscopic physics equation calculated to the nth digit.

I'll definitely back it either way, there are nowhere near enough games and sims dedicated to dirt ovals, and until ISI implement dirt physics in rFactor 2, even mods for other sims can't do it justice. I'm just curious if I should be expecting a sim on the level of rf2 or something more simcade on the level of Forza or Gran Turismo?
Ross,
I'm sure you guys have a good reason why you set the ending kickstart date for March 12, but I think it would be more beneficial for the games sake if it ran through March. Reason being that all the dirt tracks in the states are just getting started in March. That's when the social media flares up with dirt track stuff and possibly there could be announcements at tracks or maybe even you could come out to Ohio or another state for a US announcement of the game like you did at Avalon. Just suggestions. Keep working hard, sir!
p.s. I messaged Attica Raceway Park here in northern Ohio to hopefully spark their attention. If that goes well I'll try to email some more.
^^^^. I agree with last post. That's a lot of money to raise in 1 month. Even extend threw April or May. Email these tracks That are going to be on game and have them do announcements. That's the least they can do for getting advertisement being on game.
(02-16-2016, 07:42 AM)Bgaines14 Wrote: ^^^^. I agree with last post. That's a lot of money to raise in 1 month. Even extend threw April or May. Email these tracks That are going to be on game and have them do announcements. That's the least they can do for getting advertisement being on game.

Exactly what I was thinking! Or even for tracks willing to announce, maybe promise them being in the game.
You guys might be on to something there. Now that you say that, putting up a billboard or something perhaps would help a ton! Lets say knoxville is going to be on the game, maybe they could put up a billboard or pass something out to the fans one night to raise some awareness and get the all talking! I think we need to all work as a community to raise awareness and work for that goal. If we only have a month, then we need to do it in that amount of time. If they could give us a few more weeks or another month or two, I am sure we can raise this money!