Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign
Well there you go... I was of the understanding Big Ant were going it on their own but thought someone like Tru Blu might have been keen.

Looks like Digital it is.... Big Grin Have you guys got people spamming that link on any and every Dirt Track forum and Facebook page? I really want to see this go above and beyond the set minimum.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Ross,
We all in the dirt racing community are beyond excited and are so willing to wait for an amazing game. That being said, you need some money. I'm sure you are doing this already, but I think the companies you are looking for support from need to be here in the US. Here in Ohio and other racing states there are tons of racing equipment companies, chassis/car builder companies, and all kinds of little groups that follow the sport in the area or even small but wealthy race teams. Just some suggestions because I think with the right publicity and awareness, this kickstart can get funded easily. I was sure to make my $70 pledge this morning. Thank you Big Ant Studios for bringing our sport back to gaming.
What about the USMTS?? IMO....i feel that WoO or Lucas Oil Late Models and USMTS put on a far better show then sprint cars can. Sprint cars don't do a lot of side by side racing, as soon as someone fast gets out front its game over and boring....Mods and Lates run side by side rubbing lap after lap...sprints don't they just wreck or check out...i race a Late Model so maybe my opinion is skewed, but i feel that Late Models and some kind of a Modified should be in the game no matter what.
(02-13-2016, 03:38 PM)Nsmalley Wrote: Ross,
We all in the dirt racing community are beyond excited and are so willing to wait for an amazing game. That being said, you need some money. I'm sure you are doing this already, but I think the companies you are looking for support from need to be here in the US. Here in Ohio and other racing states there are tons of racing equipment companies, chassis/car builder companies, and all kinds of little groups that follow the sport in the area or even small but wealthy race teams. Just some suggestions because I think with the right publicity and awareness, this kickstart can get funded easily. I was sure to make my $70 pledge this morning. Thank you Big Ant Studios for bringing our sport back to gaming.

We're banging on as many doors as we can and you're correct, it's through Ohio and the neighbouring states that will determine the fate of the game.

I think it's a good return for a teams sponsors on the vehicles as they will get great coverage for very little $$$ - Any help anyone can give with getting the word out there and getting teams on board would really be appreciated.

PS: Thanks for backing Smile

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
Why not go right to the people who are going to be interested in this game? Start putting decals on actual race cars! I'm sure the money it cost you to print off some decals would easily be recouped. Id be more than happy to put your decals on my car!
Im still a little curious on the purse amount thing one the bronze/silver/gold packages. I am looking at either just the game, or bronze, or silver. I am curious to what the kickstarter is saying in that you can race for 25k if you buy the bronze, 50k if you buy the silver. What exactly do you mean? Is that a career mode that you race for that amount? Is that online? Is it exclusive to people that buy it on here? What does it mean?
(02-14-2016, 11:18 AM)birddawg Wrote: Im still a little curious on the purse amount thing one the bronze/silver/gold packages. I am looking at either just the game, or bronze, or silver. I am curious to what the kickstarter is saying in that you can race for 25k if you buy the bronze, 50k if you buy the silver. What exactly do you mean? Is that a career mode that you race for that amount? Is that online? Is it exclusive to people that buy it on here? What does it mean?

Thanks birddawg, here is the answer which is also posted on the F.A.Q section of the Kickstarter page:

When you enter a race event in the game, your team's rating determines the level of competition you will experience. This affects everything from AI difficulty, entrance fees, tracks and prizes.

You can build your own race team and improve it's rating by winning events and championships to build a budget.

The Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum team ratings allow you start the game with an experienced pedigree team.

Other players will also have to race against these teams throughout their careers.

If you are playing career mode, you will start out with a team of 0 experience and a small starting budget which limits the events and series that you are able to enter. As you start to win events and build your race team, you will face more experienced and well-funded race teams from Bronze to Platinum.
Thanks for that Charles, that clears it up a lot... Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I should add that the team that you create is shipped with the game and will be at that level for others to compete against, I should say that there's nothing like seeing you creations in a shipped game - it's very special!

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
A question about funding. What if I donate and this game does not get made due to lack of money. Does everyone that donated out there money? That would be nice to let everyone no. I no 4 people that are hesitant on donating because of that.