Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Patch
Would it be possible for you guy's to release a patch to update the game ready for the 2016 Season ? Mainly Roster and Jersey updates.
(01-24-2016, 07:44 PM)Muddy Wrote: Would it be possible for you guy's to release a patch to update the game ready for the 2016 Season ? Mainly Roster and Jersey updates.

Its already been said there will not be a patch. Updated squads can be downloaded from the fanhub (if working) but console users miss out on jersey updates.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(01-24-2016, 08:25 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote: but console users miss out on jersey updates.
Really? Yet again, the core users of this game get shafted?

Sadly the number of players for this game will deminish fairly quickly if this is the type of "after-care" they receive.

I haven't played this since about November now... So much potential too.
Seriously?

If someone else makes a PC mod by editing files directly, which is what is alluded to above, then *we* are somehow shafting Console users?

If anyone wants to try and mod the Console files then feel free, we're not stopping you..... Sony and MS might, but don't get that confused with us somehow shafting console users.

The FanHub being shareable across platforms was world's first when it appeared as the Academy in Bradman. We've actually done all we can with regard to data sharing, we've supported modders from day 1 and even given out proprietary info including source code and file structures.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
I've made my peace with Sony not giving a damn about modding and therefore having out of date jerseys the year after release. Not really a big deal and IMO I'd rather that than Sony's buy the rest of the game / DLC view of gaming.

I'd personally like to see more sponsor options in the next one (generic is fine as I'd guess the NRL is particular about licenses and not upsetting their current ones). Also more jersey options / sub-prints... but the FanHub as it is, is a massive step in the right direction for making custom teams and updating rosters.

Console users don't like to admit it, but PC is just that much better... Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(01-25-2016, 11:49 AM)Ross Wrote: Seriously?

If someone else makes a PC mod by editing files directly, which is what is alluded to above, then *we* are somehow shafting Console users?
The FanHub being shareable across platforms was world's first when it appeared as the Academy in Bradman. We've actually done all we can with regard to data sharing, we've supported modders from day 1 and even given out proprietary info including source code and file structures.
Ross I think I may have misinterpretted the original statement.

In the past, we've been offered updated team jerseys etc via download. Not like it's something that hasn't been done before. Realistcally the jerseys aren't a big deal. I'm just surprised nothing is being offered by way of an update for the uniform skins. Especially considering the game released well after the 2015 season had ended.

Dont get me wrong, it's cool that you can create and share rosters etc, however I'd prefer to know that people are all playing with the same rosters when I'm playing online. It seems that whenever I play online, I'm playing against a team with all the top players in it (even though it says I'm playing against Penrith Panthers or something like that). That is my frustration around the fanhub.

(01-25-2016, 12:04 PM)Ruck Wrote: Console users don't like to admit it, but PC is just that much better... Smile
Ruck, you'll probably find that most console users don't doubt that PC is better for gaming... You'll find that most console gamers don't want to / cant afford to constantly upgrade a PC to keep up with the evolution of games coming out.

Consoles are just easier. Plug in and play.

I may actually turn to the dark side and buy a pc for gaming hahahah.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking sides here... but Sony does shit me sometimes. Both have their pros and cons, The self-service, multitasking, eternal life of a PC just makes it cross the finish line first. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Thanks @Pierce_mx , @Ruck

PC's sometimes don't get the games at all or have them after a delay and cost 3x Console so it's not something for everyone, also there are a lot more online playing Console Sports games than on PC.

The game came out during the 2015 Season, in the finals I think. I don't know if there will be an update to the 2016 season.

In future there will be a mechanism to alter the uniform completely and share it, even on Console - this will first happen in the next iteration of DBC.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
Interesting news indeed... can't wait to see what DBC16's Academy has in store. Smile
(01-25-2016, 07:35 PM)Ross Wrote: In future there will be a mechanism to alter the uniform completely and share it, even on Console - this will first happen in the next iteration of DBC.

Do your contacts/friends from other publishers/developers like EA ever comment on some of the things you guys have accomplished? Since EA for example had multiple goes at cricket and done quite well (Cricket 07 was a favourite of mine for a long time) they'd have to be impressed with the innovations made by DBC.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17