Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying online via PayPal
Hi Ross,

Would it be possible for customers to purchase off the Big Ant store via PayPal? I believe it is much easier that way.

Thanks.
Unfortunately PayPal want to put us on a "six-month rolling reserve", which basically means we get funds six months after they are withdrawn from customers accounts which I find extremely unreasonable.

We do take all credit cards.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(01-20-2016, 09:27 PM)Ross Wrote: Unfortunately PayPal want to put us on a "six-month rolling reserve", which basically means we get funds six months after they are withdrawn from customers accounts which I find extremely unreasonable.

We do take all credit cards.

Unfortunately, I do not use credit cards for game purchases online as I feel PayPal is a much safer alternative!
It's really much the same, except for a reduced exposure if you keep your PayPal account with a low balance.

If there were ever issues with Credit Card fraud the credit card companies refund the transactions and are much more responsive than PayPay, they seriously suck at customer service - 12 months I've been trying to get a fee that shouldn't have been there reversed.

Is there a reason why PayPal put you guys on a "six-month rolling reserve"?
The fickle nature of "half" the gaming community? :p

I like the buyer protection that PayPal offers (generally for Ebay), so maybe this is to do with buyer protection protection? Six months is ridiculous though.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(01-21-2016, 01:32 PM)DNAngel Wrote: Is there a reason why PayPal put you guys on a "six-month rolling reserve"?

It's the default for Australian companies who don't have $$$$$$ of PayPal turnover.