Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Exporting teams.
Is there any way to export a team?

Are there particular files you can copy onto a USB and transport to another PS3 to accomplish this?
You maybe able to copy the game save data off your hard drive? Not the save file...the other thing, cant remember what its called.
The new Online Creation Center in FIFA 13 is great for this stuff. You can create players, teams, tournaments and share them with people.

It's massive crowd-sourcing at it's best.

I'm sure if something similar was in AFL, people would make classic teams, state sides, and even other leagues (like SANFL, VFL, WAFL etc...)

Might be too much to implement...but for PS3, if you just don't disable trophies for team data, then people will share stuff online anyway.
(10-12-2012, 11:24 PM)SaintSkeeta Wrote: The new Online Creation Center in FIFA 13 is great for this stuff. You can create players, teams, tournaments and share them with people.

I'm sure if something similar was in AFL, people would make classic teams, state sides, and even other leagues (like SANFL, VFL, WAFL etc...)

Might be too much to implement...but for PS3, if you just don't disable trophies for team data, then people will share stuff online anyway.

With RLL2 you get to keep any opposing team you meet online, not a download but as close as we can get right now. We are working on other methods for future releases.
(10-13-2012, 12:05 AM)Ross Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 11:24 PM)SaintSkeeta Wrote: The new Online Creation Center in FIFA 13 is great for this stuff. You can create players, teams, tournaments and share them with people.

With RLL2 you get to keep any opposing team you meet online, not a download but as close as we can get right now. We are working on other methods for future releases.
Nice one!
Can you edit that team after you get it?

...and say you play 10 teams....do you get all the players and you can make a single team out of them?
Oh.... and please, PLEASE allow for custom teams/players from AFL Live 2011 to be imported into AFL Live 2013 (or whatever you call it).

I spent hours trying to make my local team. Would love not to have to do this over again.

I know there will be player editor updates....but you could have all the existing attributes (hair, skin etc..) in there alongside new and improved ones.
Then, if there are new 'rules' to the statistics of players, let people import the teams but then have to re-edit them before being able to use them, or take them online.
Export doesn't work. Wants to be associated with the original profile.

Something similar occurred the other day with another game, where I took the save games from my PS3's to a cousin so we could continue playing the same game. Wouldn't let us use the savegames until I logged in with my account.

So I don't think any sort of export will work.
(10-14-2012, 12:24 AM)SaintSkeeta Wrote: Nice one!
Can you edit that team after you get it?

...and say you play 10 teams....do you get all the players and you can make a single team out of them?

Yes to both.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(10-18-2012, 09:09 PM)Ross Wrote: Yes to both.

That's awesome!!! Nice work Ross (and team Big Ant).

(10-18-2012, 08:36 PM)Spur Wrote: Export doesn't work. Wants to be associated with the original profile.

Something similar occurred the other day with another game, where I took the save games from my PS3's to a cousin so we could continue playing the same game. Wouldn't let us use the savegames until I logged in with my account.

So I don't think any sort of export will work.

That's a general system rule, I believe. Save games that hold game progess can't be used on other platforms (unless, as you said, you sign in as the original user).

However other save files that don't account to game progression, like settings, can be marked by the developers as 'transferable' between users. So it'd be up to the developers to split out their save data into:-
1. Game Progress - Like a Season or Competition progress (not transferable)
2. Not Progression data - like settings, or custom team creation data (transferable).
There should just be an option, 'Export Team', so if you have a night out with friends playing a mini-comp against one another or something like that, you can bring your customised team.