Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who will win the 2015 NRL grand final?
Classic game in every way...

Need to rewatch it already!!
(10-05-2015, 01:13 PM)nathan00107 Wrote: That was one of the greatest games Ive ever seen. I still can't get over that 80th minute try.

Get a load of Wayne Bennett also, "We should replay the Grand Final next week". If he won, he wouldn't of been saying that.

He said "its not about winning and losing" The guy is off his rocker. Perhaps just trying to deflect some media attention away from Hunt with some stupid comments or perhaps just a delusional old fool.
The Hawthorn Hawks!
That's what I like about Football!
The only thing that could have made this game better is if Thurston kicked it from the sideline. Most kids who are into sports growing up have the fantasy of being on the biggest stage of all with the scores locked and a kick/play from them winning the game. I'm sure Thurston had the same fantasy and it would have been amazing.
It would of been amazing either way. The ball ricocheting off the post was pretty intense co spidering it was going to go down to the wire. Gotta feel sorry fo Ben hunt though. He comes up with a penalty on the 77th minute, then they get the ball back in the 78th minute and gets stripped of the ball by Kyle feldt and drops it in golden point. Kyle feldt is truley a hero in the shadow coming up with a crucial play and try.
One of the greatest games not just because of the margin, but because the constant changes in tempo as the teams were feeling each other out - it started like a shootout, the way the points were coming I figured these guys are going to score 50+ points between them. Then it was some of the best defensive pressure we've ever seen in a GF.

It had it all!

@AFL - One of the most boring GF's ever - no highlight reel to be had from that game...

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
Grizzly, moments like the last minute try are the things that are shown 20 years from now in highlight recaps but if Thurston kicks that goal to win the game I think that goes up there as well.

As it stands the try is going to be remembered more than the field goal but a high pressure Thurston kick from the sideline to win the game would have been the stuff of legends.

Glad to see the Cows do it though. I can't stand the Brisbane Bronco arrogance.
(10-05-2015, 08:14 PM)SOR Wrote: Grizzly, moments like the last minute try are the things that are shown 20 years from now in highlight recaps but if Thurston kicks that goal to win the game I think that goes up there as well.

As it stands the try is going to be remembered more than the field goal but a high pressure Thurston kick from the sideline to win the game would have been the stuff of legends.

Glad to see the Cows do it though. I can't stand the Brisbane Bronco arrogance.

It is funny that a Rooster's supporter can't stand the Brisbane arrogance, especially considering he tipped them to win the premiership. Agree that Thurston kicking the goal is a highlight to show for many future years. In hindsight I would've preferred it to go in because it would be a special moment for him but at the time I was willing it to miss with all my heart. I am still left dumbfounded how it missed.
I actually support the Broncos but the Raider's logo looks cooler Cool