Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running lines/set plays
How do you utilize those white lines you see in front of the player getting the ball from the hooker? Searched everywhere and cant seem to get the hang of it.
My understanding is that these lines are the projection of where each player is likely to run at the start of the play. Beyond passing to a particular player to take advantage of his running line, I'm not sure how else you can utilise these running lines.
(09-23-2015, 08:10 PM)Jewballs Wrote: How do you utilize those white lines you see in front of the player getting the ball from the hooker? Searched everywhere and cant seem to get the hang of it.

It is a practice makes perfect sort of thing.
If you can get a quick play the ball by wiggling the right stick then things tend to flow better. The lines that cut in/out are typically the ones you want to pass to but you have to pass at the right time and to the right players.

A lot of the time players will be running hard along the line and if you pass to those players with the right timing (if you pass slightly late from dummy-half they lose the line momentum) they will be sprinting at the line.

This doesn't provide any sort of "set play", rather just guides you as to the passing options you have.
Do i know you jew balls lol
up up cronulla
Anyone notice there is less running lines in RLL3 than in RLL2. In RLL2 there were various lines where your players will sweep through the backline or angle back in. Haven't seen that in RLL3
(09-23-2015, 08:30 PM)Yuna Wrote: Anyone notice there is less running lines in RLL3 than in RLL2. In RLL2 there were various lines where your players will sweep through the backline or angle back in. Haven't seen that in RLL3

Yeah I have noticed that, there used to be quite a bit of variation with some running deep and angled lines meaning you could do an out the back play but the lines are generally standard on this game.

I am not criticizing as most of the time this is what happens, it would just be nice especially in your opponents 20m that you could set up something fancy.

I have found that throwing a cut out pass from a scrum oftan creates good lines.
(09-23-2015, 08:30 PM)Yuna Wrote: Anyone notice there is less running lines in RLL3 than in RLL2. In RLL2 there were various lines where your players will sweep through the backline or angle back in. Haven't seen that in RLL3

Maybe an update will contain manual tactics that will add more lines?Smile.
At some point this has got to be in the a future edition. (Manual tactics/plays). If only a few key ones maybe 4? The rest could be automatic depending on the tackle count, so there will still be variety.

Cheers and Salud
yea need some deep positioning in this, esp when your about 10-15m out i can't seem to attack the way i want to, but rather im forced with a hitup or a rushed pass.
A tactic formation similar to Sidhe RL3 would be good and I doubt it will be that hard to make either.
(09-23-2015, 09:41 PM)Yuna Wrote: A tactic formation similar to Sidhe RL3 would be good and I doubt it will be that hard to make either.

Yes, this , I used this tremendously in RL3, (still do Tongue) It adds a whole other element of cerebral strategy to the game.

Cheers and Salud