Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Normalised stats in multiplayer
Everyone I play against in MP either has a custom team full of gods or a modified NRL team full of players they shouldn't have. I scoffed about it on twitter and was told it wasn't an issue because MP had normalised stats.

I pressed further and was told that custom teams are normalised but NRL teams are close enough to not warrant it. What I'd like to know is -- what constitutes a custom team? Is a NRL team custom if it involves custom players? Customised roster? Modifications at all? Is a Newcastle Knights team with JT on it normalised? What if it has JT and a custom player? If it's a custom team made up of nothing but JTs and Uates apparently it's normalised, but what's that actually mean to anyone when either player is bouncing about like a truckie after a visit to the Shell station?

While I'm asking questions about online, they're all peer-to-peer mp right? How does the game decide the host? I've got NBN here, I usually get a ping of 3 or lower in games but I never seem to have host advantage, lag always seems to work against me. Well, if I specifically host a custom game I appear to have host advantage, obviously.
I have that in PES online they have best players in world vs NZ/AU players maybe few germans in my side in coach mode and still win.Never let names worry you!!!
Tactics my man Tactics
up up cronulla
Haha cheers. I'm not really stressing my losses, most of them come from mistakes I know I can rectify. Just trying to get a handle on the situation you know? Don't want to be picking my glorious Broncos when I'm basically playing the Blues+Thurston. Why make things harder on myself?
(09-15-2015, 08:00 AM)Joaby Wrote: Everyone I play against in MP either has a custom team full of gods or a modified NRL team full of players they shouldn't have. I scoffed about it on twitter and was told it wasn't an issue because MP had normalised stats.

I pressed further and was told that custom teams are normalised but NRL teams are close enough to not warrant it. What I'd like to know is -- what constitutes a custom team? Is a NRL team custom if it involves custom players? Customised roster? Modifications at all? Is a Newcastle Knights team with JT on it normalised? What if it has JT and a custom player? If it's a custom team made up of nothing but JTs and Uates apparently it's normalised, but what's that actually mean to anyone when either player is bouncing about like a truckie after a visit to the Shell station?

While I'm asking questions about online, they're all peer-to-peer mp right? How does the game decide the host? I've got NBN here, I usually get a ping of 3 or lower in games but I never seem to have host advantage, lag always seems to work against me. Well, if I specifically host a custom game I appear to have host advantage, obviously.

Any NRL team that has changed personnel is a custom team.

There is no "host" - the client/host relationship is dynamically changed depending game conditions.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
Thanks for the response. More questions though -- normalised against the other team or against other players on the same team?

Can I ask what those game conditions for client/host are?
Ugh the edited teams as customs is one thing I truly hated. I can't keep rosters up to date without having custom teams just rubs me the wrong way. Ah well just play with default rosters I guess and move old players to reserves again
(09-15-2015, 10:01 AM)Joaby Wrote: Thanks for the response. More questions though -- normalised against the other team or against other players on the same team?

Can I ask what those game conditions for client/host are?

Normalisation takes the total fraction of one team divided by the other and multiplies through the attributes, this way each team still has the same relative difference between the players on that same side.

I don't want to go into how the online works exactly as it leads to people lagging links on purpose.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
Fair enough about the host stuff. Thanks for the information.