Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rate and Review
Thumbs Down 
Hey guys I thought it would be fun to make a thread where we would each review and rate the game out of 100 with a simple one sentence comment explaining why. It would be interesting seeing everyone's views on this forum...

Mine personally is 68/100 - playable game but not engaging/polished enough to be considered in the same sentence as the maddens and 2Ks
People say EA would make a good RL game, Big Ant's Rugby League is definitely a better series than one EA's very own NBA Live so I wouldn't be too sure. If you can mess up a simple game like Basketball imagine what they'd do to a sport they aren't to familiar with.

EA are over-rated, they put out basically the exact same Fifa & Madden games every year with no real standout updates to gameplay & have botched games like NBA & their last NHL & UFC releases was dreadful and had 0 content.

I give RLL3 74/100.
Would love to give this game 100/100 but unfortunately some really annoying issues , many during game play really hamper the experience.
For example, say I have the ball and attempt a pass which the cpu knocks forward then I re-gather it, that never restarts the tackle count. The fact that pretty much all forwards, especially props, in career mode are always out of form, even after setting up & scoring tries.
And lastly, what's with the player attributes screen, there's only like 7 catergories, where's the kicking/goalkicking?
Atm, I'd give it 67/100
I have no doubt that these issues can be fixed with a patch, hopefully big ant release one soon
80/100 after you adjust to ut its really quite fun only a few little problem witch everyone is aware by now
(09-15-2015, 11:56 AM)napa Wrote: 80/100 after you adjust to ut its really quite fun only a few little problem witch everyone is aware by now

I agree napa. There is a learning curve to this game. It's grown on me.
I'm having so much fun especially with coach mode which needs a bit of tweaking such as viewing attributes and more realistic recruiting, much harder than rll2 and awesome graphics. 70/100
70/100 for me.

Game has some real potential, but is let down by a lot of minor issues. Still fun nevertheless.
(09-15-2015, 05:54 PM)Bob Gnarly Wrote: 70/100 for me.

Game has some real potential, but is let down by a lot of minor issues. Still fun nevertheless.

80/100 an xtra 5-10 points for having the balls to try some different things, with a potential 90/100 with some bug fixes and game tweaks.

The game engine seems to be there for the greatest league game. What I would like to see implemented if the game engine allows for it.
More 2 or more man tackles. I still feel like there are to many successful one on one tackles. The way I see it is if there is only one defender in the tackle,(unless it a big strong defensive player vs smaller weaker offensive player) it should almost always go into a struggle tackle and if the defending team does not bring in a second tackler( or a second tackler quick enough) then there is a good chance to either break out completely or drag that one defending player a good distance. This would force the defense to play more tactfully and will open up the game considerably. Once two players are added to the tackle then the odds start to turn in the defenses favor for dragging, unless ( on rare occasion a stronger player can even break free from two tacklers or gain considerable meters, forcing the defending team to sometimes consider a third tackler on bigger stronger players.(This is League)
In other words balance it out by giving the offense and edge in the struggle tackle if only one defender involved in the tackle, but counter that by if you come at them with two tacklers the advantage swings in the defenses favor considerably,(obviously timing and player ratings being another factor such as it is now). If this is tuned were there are more multi player tackles and a few more struggle tackles, then this can be
90/100 game.

Bombs are awesome , and one of the area were the game has improved 10 folds.

Enjoying the game tremendously but still much to learnSmile

Cheers and Salud
(09-15-2015, 01:31 AM)jhack13 Wrote: People say EA would make a good RL game, Big Ant's Rugby League is definitely a better series than one EA's very own NBA Live so I wouldn't be too sure. If you can mess up a simple game like Basketball imagine what they'd do to a sport they aren't to familiar with.

EA are over-rated, they put out basically the exact same Fifa & Madden games every year with no real standout updates to gameplay & have botched games like NBA & their last NHL & UFC releases was dreadful and had 0 content.

I give RLL3 74/100.

Agreed NBA live is crap.

No disrespect to Big Ant they have done excellent for the limited budget and resources I would assume that would be available for an NRL game.

But just imagine, the NRL invested in this game and it was developed by EA/2K...crazy
60/100, I'm disappointed by the gameplay still not being where I want it to be in a rugby league game, and like it or not- the ways players move and react to situations are not even close to how they do in real rugby league. It's fun to play with mates and the career is good though.
NSW will actually win in 2014, right?