Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Finals Games ending in Draws -FIXED
I get why Ross is pissed to an extent - exaggerations never help matters but it is also a forum first and foremost and people are on here to debate, discuss, seek advice more than they are to help fix and spot bugs for a game they just shelled out for.

That being said, it is a close knit group so there is a sense of working as a community to source and fix bugs that permeates through a lot of the members which is amazing and great to see. And as Ross has been so connected to the group, you guys would feel even more empowered to assist with helping the game, rather than a faceless big company who might be working on patches, but you'd never know it until shortly before hand.

But if OP wants to rage about a glitch, that's as much his right as helping you guys find the error...but it only delays his own game getting fixed also and probably he loses some respect from others members / mods / and probably people involved in making the game. He gets out what he puts in really.

This isnt a shot at anyone, just thoughts from a fairly passive forum member who reads a lot more than he posts.

Glad to see some people found exactly what triggers the glitch and it can be repaired in the future
Agree with all of that Jimmy.

The issue in this case is the most forceful claim of us not testing and not understanding the rules ("which Genius"). Rather than the benefit of the doubt some people jump, as I say, from Zero to WTF way to fast.

I would as that we work together as a community, work with us and we will try to resolve any issues you have, we can do that in a conciliatory, respectful way or you can choose to come at us but be sure to be on rock solid ground or you will cop it back in Spades.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(09-15-2015, 10:00 PM)Ross Wrote: Agree with all of that Jimmy.

The issue in this case is the most forceful claim of us not testing and not understanding the rules ("which Genius"). Rather than the benefit of the doubt some people jump, as I say, from Zero to WTF way to fast.

I would as that we work together as a community, work with us and we will try to resolve any issues you have, we can do that in a conciliatory, respectful way or you can choose to come at us but be sure to be on rock solid ground or you will cop it back in Spades.

Yeah totally true mate. that was my point too, that if you want to take the rage option, you miss will miss out on the inclusiveness afforded the rest of the group

and i know you know how hard your people and you worked on this game, so any stabs at their ability or competence would sting and earn a stern reply if unfounded.

i have zero complaints about anything really. its a game, i don't get upset if they aren't perfect, and we are lucky to be in a day and age where they can be fixed after the fact. i grew up paying $99 for 8 bit games that could be an absolute lottery.
I don't even have this game yet (Two more days!!!) but I think Ross, HBK and the rest of the BigAnt team deserve massive amounts of praise and respect for their support to all of you lucky people post release!

P.S. BigAnt, please don't make the game easier with patches, a challenge sounds good!
(09-15-2015, 08:04 PM)JimmyTheJet Wrote: But if OP wants to rage about a glitch, that's as much his right as helping you guys find the error...but it only delays his own game getting fixed also and probably he loses some respect from others members / mods / and probably people involved in making the game. He gets out what he puts in really.

I've come across a few glitches in this game. Markers picking up my play the balls, defenders literally just standing still and watching players run past (although I don't know whether or not I'd call that a glitch or just bad AI), the ridiculously inflated stats and scorelines that can happen in mere minutes when you are subbed off the field. They are annoying, and they lower my opinion of the game, none of these broke my game and basically ruined a good number of hours I had already poured into a career mode. This one did, so you are damn right I was frustrated and angry at it. Just like everyone else in the world is angry when any other game corrupts save files. Game breaking bugs make people angry, people express their anger, this happens all the time and is the nature of the internet. Big Ant aren't going to cop any different treatment just because they are a smaller studio.
(09-16-2015, 01:59 AM)I Love Ross Wrote: I've come across a few glitches in this game. Markers picking up my play the balls, defenders literally just standing still and watching players run past (although I don't know whether or not I'd call that a glitch or just bad AI), the ridiculously inflated stats and scorelines that can happen in mere minutes when you are subbed off the field. They are annoying, and they lower my opinion of the game, none of these broke my game and basically ruined a good number of hours I had already poured into a career mode. This one did, so you are damn right I was frustrated and angry at it. Just like everyone else in the world is angry when any other game corrupts save files. Game breaking bugs make people angry, people express their anger, this happens all the time and is the nature of the internet. Big Ant aren't going to cop any different treatment just because they are a smaller studio.

Cool, at least we got that straight, the post was as a punishment rather than an attempt for us to actually try and fix the issue.

The size of our company is not at issue, if anything that's helped you have a direct line to us that you wouldn't get many other places.

Given the explanation of how the bug occurred and the efforts that we've gone to try and find/fix it I thought you'd might have been a bit more conciliatory. oh well.

Yeah agree - put simply it's kind of like throwing a punch at someone, abusing them and then asking them for help! Angry, frustrated or whichever way you want to dress it up - it's always baffling when I read that type of post.

Even more baffling is people's reactions when Ross replies to them in the exact same manner as they have posted! Suddenly it's all - Hey you can't say that!!
Having read through the responses on this thread, I've come to realise that my issue with the save file (detailed in this thread https://forum.bigant.com/thread-3945.html) followed the same trajectory pattern as those you all have listed. At the time I didn't think the tied final was of consequence, and assumed that my issue was tied to the transfer page, however it appears the issue was caused by having a finals game end as a draw. I hope that knowing these issues are identical helps to alleviate a little of the dilemma of stopping the bug from occurring.
Hey I've just had this exact thing happen to me, I was in a final in be a pro mode ,
Playing for Townsville Blackhawks in the QLD cup against the seagulls.
Game went to extra time and the score was 4-4
Extra time finished and it just said it ended up as a draw , which being in the finals isn't what would happen .
Then I go to skip to the following week and it just freezes and then crashes and takes me back to my Xbox homepage. I've rebooted the game a few times trying to skip a few weeks ahead in the calendar but it keeps freezing on a Friday the week after the finals match which was a draw .
The thing that sucks is it seems like I'll have start Be a pro all over again . I've got photos and a video to prove it but it won't let me upload them it says the attachment is to large to upload.
You needed to exit the game using the System Menu in order to have that not happen. That's what HBK was explaining earlier.

We will have a fix via patch but I do not know when that will be.