Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Finals Games ending in Draws -FIXED
(09-15-2015, 12:37 PM)davies11 Wrote:
(09-15-2015, 12:20 PM)Ross Wrote: Thanks Davies, so you've had it on more than one occasion?
Can you please let me know the following?

Difficulty: pro
Team: manly
Opposing Team: Melbourne and tigers
Game Length: 9 min halves
Score: 6 - 6 and 0 -0 respectively

Note that I've only encountered this in be a pro mode not coach career. Also both times the game goes into limited extra time not unlimited so it only happens if the score is still tied at the end of the limited extra time

Thanks again Davies, are you basing the idea that it's "limited extra time" because of the outcome or is there something that is telling you that's it's limited?

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(09-15-2015, 12:46 PM)Ross Wrote:
(09-15-2015, 12:37 PM)davies11 Wrote:
(09-15-2015, 12:20 PM)Ross Wrote: Thanks Davies, so you've had it on more than one occasion?
Can you please let me know the following?

Difficulty: pro
Team: manly
Opposing Team: Melbourne and tigers
Game Length: 9 min halves
Score: 6 - 6 and 0 -0 respectively

Note that I've only encountered this in be a pro mode not coach career. Also both times the game goes into limited extra time not unlimited so it only happens if the score is still tied at the end of the limited extra time

Thanks again Davies, are you basing the idea that it's "limited extra time" because of the outcome or is there something that is telling you that's it's limited?

Purely based on the outcome, I'm using that phrasing to try and correctly detail when it's occurring , hope that hasn't caused confusion
(09-15-2015, 12:52 PM)davies11 Wrote: Purely based on the outcome, I'm using that phrasing to try and correctly detail when it's occurring , hope that hasn't caused confusion

Not at all, I was just hoping you had a way of telling - would have made out lives a lot easier in debugging Smile

Regardless I think you guys are doing a good job and unless there is an epidemic of tied games in golden point there shouldn't be too many effected but hope you find it

I still remember getting skyrim (on PS3!) launch day and despite its excellence I was smashed with game destroying bugs, a civil war dialogue bug deprived my 60+ hour save of half the games story so I'm pretty impressed with the product you've put out at release with respect to glitches and bugs in particular hope this is the biggest issue encountered
Ok guys, so we have managed to find a reproducible case for this issue.

Basically it is a VERY specific set of circumstances.

If you play the game in coach mode, it does not occur.

If you play out the match as a pro, it does not occur.

The only time this will occur is if you are subbed out of the match and skip to your player, unfortunately the simulation at this point doesn't take into account the ruling of unlimited extra time and can potentially result in a draw.

If this situation occurs, for the integrity of your save file, you'd be best to close out the application before exiting the menu. Before that occurs however, you can watch the game play out and wait for a score to occur.

Both of these circumstances will allow you to continue your career unabated.
This is *EXACTLY* why I get pissed off at people that jump from 0 to WTF in under a second rather than actually helping us identify issues and come up with fixes or work arounds.

We do know the rules, we did test, and this is a particular circumstance that was not faced in testing.

Thanks to all those that took the time to help us identify the issue, I really appreciate it.

I'm glad there is a workaround for this. I had some posts deleted earlier, in one of which I stated that this was probably something related to all potentialities not being tested (which is practically impossible).

I at no point intended to imply that Big Ant didn't do a good job and was merely responding as though it was a forum of discussion and I was interested in any potential ramifications for my own career. Smile

Great work in finding these specific set of circumstances so quickly.

Posts were deleted because we were trying to narrow down the issues, I wanted this thread to be short while we sorted it out.

(09-15-2015, 03:03 PM)HBK619 Wrote: The only time this will occur is if you are subbed out of the match and skip to your player, unfortunately the simulation at this point doesn't take into account the ruling of unlimited extra time and can potentially result in a draw.

Well that explains why I haven't came across this bug, cos my player is too good and never been subbed off Big Grin

Good work bigant for debugging
as a professional IT tester for over 10 years seeing the conditions of which this bug occurred, I can very confidently say that the only way this bug would have been found during testing would have been pure luck.

No way you could prepare a test set and come up with this "perfect storm" scenario