Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Finals Games ending in Draws -FIXED
Which genius over at Big Ant let this little gem through testing? You guys are apparently fans of the sport, yet not one of you stopped to say "Wait a minute, finals games should play on until we have a winner." This is compounded by the fact that it'll kill your career if you are unlucky enough to have an intense finals game going above and beyond. Bravo, Big Ant, Bravo.
It went to Golden Point in the Nines, and at the end of extra time called it a draw. We've already got one other person on here claiming this has happened to them in the Holden Cup finals as well.

(09-14-2015, 09:59 PM)C A Iversen Wrote:
(09-14-2015, 09:56 PM)I Love Ross Wrote: What relevance does that have? The career is dead, attempting to load it crashes the game and dumps me to the Xbox dashboard. What position my team finished means fuck all.

A bit rough that, was a fairly legit question. He just wanted to know what the game described the result situation as, he didn't know it'd crashed on you.

It looks like it counted it as a win, as it now has the Dragons up next on the calendar, however attempting to advance past just crashes the game.
(09-14-2015, 09:53 PM)I Love Ross Wrote: Which genius over at Big Ant let this little gem through testing? You guys are apparently fans of the sport, yet not one of you stopped to say "Wait a minute, finals games should play on until we have a winner." This is compounded by the fact that it'll kill your career if you are unlucky enough to have an intense finals game going above and beyond. Bravo, Big Ant, Bravo.

(09-14-2015, 09:56 PM)I Love Ross Wrote: What relevance does that have? The career is dead, attempting to load it crashes the game and dumps me to the Xbox dashboard. What position my team finished means fuck all.

Same thing has happened to me in my rookie career mode.

Finals game in the under 20's was a draw and when I try to advance the game crashes and brings up an error screen. I'm on PS4 btw so it's happening on both consoles.

Hope this can be fixed in the patch to come so all of us that it has happened to can continue our career modes.
This is obviously did not happen during testing and is unlikely to be happening to everyone as we'd have way more reports of it.

I will do my best tomorrow to work out from the noise above what is real and what is imaginary so we can actually try to fix whatever it is that happened.

The extrapolating that it's in every mode and circumstance isn't helpful and quite frankly makes you sound like Yuna, and none of you really want that.

Edit: just decided to delete the noise.
It depends on how bad the bugs are - something gamebreaking will cause us to patch less stuff sooner rather than saving it for more stuff later.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
Glad to know i'm noise Big Grin
up up cronulla
There's a lot of it tonight - I'll delete anything that is a rehash or repost of the same stuff in a different thread.

(09-15-2015, 12:16 AM)Ross Wrote: This is obviously did not happen during testing and is unlikely to be happening to everyone as we'd have way more reports of it.

Having a draw at the "end" of Golden Point in a finals match isn't going to be an overly common thing. That doesn't change the fact that it does happen, and breaks the career mode save when it does.
Yeah, so which Genius thinks that it's happening every finals game that's a draw and thinks that it wasn't tested - or even better yet thinks it was done on purpose?

I will get to the bottom of it and am sorry this has happened to you but the opening comment is BS.

(09-15-2015, 12:31 AM)Ross Wrote: Yeah, so which Genius thinks that it's happening every finals game that's a draw and thinks that it wasn't tested - or even better yet thinks it was done on purpose?

I will get to the bottom of it and am sorry this has happened to you but the opening comment is BS.

The genius part was directed at the fact it should not be possible for finals games to end in a draw. Either someone hasn't set it up right, and finals games aren't being played with unlimited golden point, or there is a massive bug here that breaks be a pro mode. Either way somebody on the development end has screwed up.