Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Rugby League Live 3 quit early penalty?
(09-16-2015, 05:48 PM)Ross Wrote: Again, predicated on us knowing who has quit. If they don't quit in the menu then we cannot tell. It's not just us, every game has the issue that if you pull the plug or the net goes down then there is no telling which side is at fault.

and yet in FIFA I always get my wins when people bailed on a game with me.

I don't believe that the FIFA community just hasn't worked out how to yank the cord or dashboard out.
I didn't say you always get the win, I am saying you don't always get a draw/non-result.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(09-16-2015, 10:55 PM)Ross Wrote: I didn't say you always get the win, I am saying you don't always get a draw/non-result.

I never said that is what you said, I'm saying in FIFA I get the win when I get disconnected on.

You said every game has this issue of not knowing who quit, FIFA seems to make it work, I don't think this is attributable to the FIFA community just not knowing about yanking a cord or dashboarding because that obviously just isn't a realistic explanation.

So whatever has been done here, unlike FIFA, I'm not getting the wins that I should get. The quitters get away with quitting, the people who want to play properly aren't getting rewarded, so online is not appealing.
FIFA particularly uses the score to decide the winner, this can induce the guy in front to pull the plug. I have people quit on me often in FIFA, they have the issue as well. They also have lots of laggers that induce torrents at certain points in the match to rip you off. All games have these issues.

You'll be getting the wins according to the algorithm we have in place. We will look to tune that algorithm but at this point we need to give it time, it's early in the cycle, we need to see if it settles down.

(09-16-2015, 05:48 PM)Ross Wrote: Again, predicated on us knowing who has quit. If they don't quit in the menu then we cannot tell. It's not just us, every game has the issue that if you pull the plug or the net goes down then there is no telling which side is at fault.

Would it be possible to require each player in a game to have an active connection to your matchmaking or fanhub servers?
If the console rebooted or net dropped out then only one player would still be connected? The player who is no longer connected could then he awarded the loss and a leave statistic.

(PS. I still think vsing AI while the player attempts to rejoin would be sweet.)
(09-17-2015, 09:06 AM)Ross Wrote: FIFA particularly uses the score to decide the winner, this can induce the guy in front to pull the plug. I have people quit on me often in FIFA, they have the issue as well. They also have lots of laggers that induce torrents at certain points in the match to rip you off. All games have these issues.

You'll be getting the wins according to the algorithm we have in place. We will look to tune that algorithm but at this point we need to give it time, it's early in the cycle, we need to see if it settles down.

In thousands of FIFA games I've played (at least a thousand UT games each year), I don't recall incidences of people quitting on me with the lead. No doubt it would have happened at some point because odds are there would have been times when a disconnect happened for whatever reason with my opposition in front, but certainly it wasn't prevalent enough to make me even consider that to be an issue that was happening with any sort of regularity.

I do recall, I think it was 14? maybe 13, when an issue started to occur where a lot of people found out a way to disconnect without it impacting them and the player not getting the win when quit on, but it was subsequently fixed.

That's fine, when/if the algorithm is tuned, I'll look at potentially actually taking part in playing online again to see if it is no longer a waste of time. I don't know what the algorithm is, and you don't want to reveal anything about it, but when I'm clearly winning late in a game and not getting the win, then either the algorithm doesn't seem to be on point, or there's another issue at hand that is preventing the wins from being correctly allocated.
we are all screaming out here that FIFA does it best

Question - Can you replicate what they do or not?
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
It's soccer and it's got millions of players online.... yeah, we can do exactly what they do.

I like the idea of a penalty, but I think the majority of people on here crying out for an immediate implementation just don't understand the feasibility of doing so. Keep doing what you're doing Big Ant, I'm grateful we can even contact you on these sorts of issues directly, so I'm happy to wait for a solution.