Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Fan Hub requiring Playstantion Network. Why Ross???
I doubt a small patch is going to blow through the internet plan, and if it does, then you're either living on a tediously small amount of data per month, or someone else is using it all anyway. To me, it just sounds like your parents don't actually know what they're talking about.

If going over your data allowance per month actually makes the cost go up then it's obviously a pretty bad plan though. Most companies just slow the connection until the month rolls over.

EDIT: Ross is right btw, posting on this forum and reloading this webpage has probably used more data than connecting your PS4 to the internet and downloading the patch.
but like someone pointed out earlier, what if his internet are those mobile 4g ones? then you defiantly have a big problem because you can barely get any data to begin with. My brother was on it for awhile since he couldn't get internet in his house until the lines work fixed, he was on that portable 4g with 6 gig a month. Not everyone parent know how the internet works, they may just assume that his PS4 will take all the data. Also had a quick look behind the game cover and it says "Broadband" internet (ISP fees apply). basically says this to all games. However games like 'Destiny' and the up coming 'Need for Speed' mentioned clearly and say 'requires internet' and is an always online game. But RLL3 can still be played without internet you will just be limited to certain features as the one OP is mentioning regarding he can't acces fanhub or create a player. So i guess these are points that need to be taken into consideration before purchasing any game really.
Even a 4g internet plan just used to get the FanHub players then logged off will not kill.

I will check if actual online is a requirement or it is merely a PSN account (not logged into the internet), which might be the case as we need to attach the players to a save file.

I will get answers tomorrow but regardless I maintain that there is more bandwidth browsing these pages than to download players, or just logging in and editing them locally (which will use near Zero Bandwidth).

Can someone please confirm that you need to be online on Xbox One? Can someone else confirm the PS4 must be online to edit? (Check by pulling the cable but still logging in to your account locally - i'm hoping this is a non-issue.)

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(09-13-2015, 11:49 PM)Ross Wrote: Can someone please confirm that you need to be online on Xbox One? Can someone else confirm the PS4 must be online to edit? (Check by pulling the cable but still logging in to your account locally - i'm hoping this is a non-issue.)

On xbox one, was still logged into my account, no internet connection, wasn't even able to access the fanhub at all.

It came up with 'You need to be signed into Xbox Live with sufficient online privileges to access this feature'

Hope this helps Ross.
(09-14-2015, 12:00 AM)Stormer! Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 11:49 PM)Ross Wrote: Can someone please confirm that you need to be online on Xbox One? Can someone else confirm the PS4 must be online to edit? (Check by pulling the cable but still logging in to your account locally - i'm hoping this is a non-issue.)

On xbox one, was still logged into my account, no internet connection, wasn't even able to access the fanhub at all.

Can you play with previously downloaded teams,player and league though when offline? main thing i want to know.

Thanks
(09-14-2015, 12:04 AM)BigMoz Wrote:
(09-14-2015, 12:00 AM)Stormer! Wrote:

Can you play with previously downloaded teams,player and league though when offline? main thing i want to know.

Thanks

Just had a look and the captains are still updated to the ones i downloaded, so I assume the answer would be yes Smile
(09-13-2015, 11:49 PM)Ross Wrote: Can someone else confirm the PS4 must be online to edit? (Check by pulling the cable but still logging in to your account locally - i'm hoping this is a non-issue.)

When I looked earlier.. if I set my internet connection on the PS4 to off... the FanHub is not accessible.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Geez some people and their kids, some stupid silly people in this world.
Thanks guys - figure that you can play offline, it's the local player creation offline that is the issue - FWIW I will add it to the list.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com