Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Fan Hub requiring Playstantion Network. Why Ross???
Thumbs Down 
I seriously was hoping to create teams, player and referees when I first got the game with no problem. You need to make all aspects of the game available for everyone (with internet and without internet). Yes community aspect of Fan Hub must require internet but not the editing aspect. All the sharing of teams and players should be done in community. The option to share should not be within player editor or team editor. I don't want my parents to blow up at me for high internet bills due to using the Fan Hub. That's why I don't have the internet on my PS4.

I told my parents about this and they are now going to return the game because it doesn't have full functionality for the price of the game.

Shame on you. Good you didn't make AFL Live 3. Hope you don't make the next AFL games too. Hope wicked witch don't make the same mistake. Angry
(09-13-2015, 11:56 AM)the_one_1 Wrote: I told my parents about this and they are now going to return the game because it doesn't have full functionality for the price of the game.

What'd they say specifically?
(09-13-2015, 12:12 PM)SOR Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 11:56 AM)the_one_1 Wrote: I told my parents about this and they are now going to return the game because it doesn't have full functionality for the price of the game.

What'd they say specifically?

Spent so much money on a game and you expect all aspects except the online mode to be available without internet. Waste of money. Don't connect it to Internet we are returning it.

I fully agree with them. It needs to be available for people without internet. Full functionality is important with products like this. No use of playing video games that have this when your not allowd to connect internet onto the console. Many others will be the same.
I don't think the FanHub would take that much download. So your parents didn't let you get the day one patch?
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(09-13-2015, 12:31 PM)Ruck Wrote: I don't think the FanHub would take that much download. So your parents didn't let you get the day one patch?

Nothing at all. Got it Friday (mum got it after work) used it at night. Told my parents. Returned it yesterday.
1st world problems
I'm not sure what kind of internet plan you guys have, but seems an overreaction to a small issue. Big Ant can't help it if you have internet but don't want to use it.

As for AFL, most AFL fans (and non AFL Fans like myself) would love Big Ant to make AFL again.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(09-13-2015, 12:39 PM)Ruck Wrote: I'm not sure what kind of internet plan you guys have, but seems an overreaction to a small issue. Big Ant can't help it if you have internet but don't want to use it.

As for AFL, most AFL fans (and non AFL Fans like myself) would love Big Ant to make AFL again.

It's not an over reaction. My parents don't want me to connect the internet to my console because with all the use of the internet currently it will go over the plan. Given game updates and downloads it will risk it. I don't want to risk anything with the result my parents going off at me.

Returning it was the best option for me. I just hope big ant don't do it at all again if they make a AFL game. You need to remember the situation of some people before you do any producing of products like this.

Overall I'm really disappointed.
Updates and Downloads go hand in hand with owning a Playstation 4. I'm not a fan of it but I accept that I bought a PS4 so that is how it is. If I don't want the PS4 to update / download something, I don't let it.

I understand your disappointment especially as I love to create via the FanHub. But I'd attribute having to sign into the Playstation Network as a Sony issue not a Big Ant issue. apart from the day one patch, I don't think it would have been that big of a drain on your downloads... sorry you had to return it. Smile
(09-13-2015, 11:56 AM)the_one_1 Wrote: I seriously was hoping to create teams, player and referees when I first got the game with no problem. You need to make all aspects of the game available for everyone (with internet and without internet). Yes community aspect of Fan Hub must require internet but not the editing aspect. All the sharing of teams and players should be done in community. The option to share should not be within player editor or team editor. I don't want my parents to blow up at me for high internet bills due to using the Fan Hub. That's why I don't have the internet on my PS4.

I told my parents about this and they are now going to return the game because it doesn't have full functionality for the price of the game.

Shame on you. Good you didn't make AFL Live 3. Hope you don't make the next AFL games too. Hope wicked witch don't make the same mistake. Angry

Sounds like another convenient excuse to try and pump up your favourite company Wicked Witch and the abominable AFL LIVE 2. You'd be well and truly in the minority for people that want them to make AFL LIVE 3. Let's see what they come up with RC3 - they already have their highly originally named fan hub available too. You should go and check that out - if you can plead for the extra data allowance.