Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What team is going to surpise everyone next year?
What team do you think will surprise everyone with a top 8 finish next year? For example last year noone thought the Panthers would do so well and this year everyone thought the Dragons would end up as a shock premiership contending team, but the Sharks ended up as the team that surprised everyone by finishing 6th but really should of came 4th if they didn't choke. I personally think the Raiders are going to surprise everyone and finish in the 8.

P.s. I would make a poll but I have no idea how. I pressed the 'I want to post a poll' button but nothing happened. I currently am on iPad. Does that have anything to do with it?
Who said the Dragons were premiership contenders? I thought they were overachieving earlier in the year and think they're lucky to have finished in the 8 this year.

Next year I think the Raiders will make the 8. They have a pretty decent spine (Wighton, Austin, Sezer and Hodgson). I also think the Warriors will do a lot better than they did this year although I think everyone is expecting them to.

I think Souths will miss the 8 which will be surprising to the Souffs loving media.
(09-13-2015, 01:14 PM)SOR Wrote: Who said the Dragons were premiership contenders? I thought they were overachieving earlier in the year and think they're lucky to have finished in the 8 this year.

Next year I think the Raiders will make the 8. They have a pretty decent spine (Wighton, Austin, Sezer and Hodgson). I also think the Warriors will do a lot better than they did this year although I think everyone is expecting them to.

I think Souths will miss the 8 which will be surprising to the Souffs loving media.

With the Dragons I was referring to when they were at the top of the ladder with the Broncos. At that point many people were discussing how the Dragons were the underdogs and had the capability to win the premiership. I think the Dragons deserve to be in the 8 because they were really solid until they hit that massive losing streak. If they were in the form they were in at the start of the season, I think they COULD beat any team in the finals, but they just have to apply themselves. Also Marshall has had a bad run of injuries and he is their x-factor and key man.
The Dragons were solid in April. It's now September and they've copped losses to teams like the Titans. They didn't deserve to be in the 8.
Because in the lead up to the finals they lost most of their games to teams that a top 8 side should have been beating and when they did win they barely did.

Round 26 they conceded 30 points from the Tigers, they lost to the Titans the week before who also put 30 on them if I remember correctly. I remember watching them against Penrith which they did win but they struggled and won 18-12 or something. This was a Penrith side that had half their first grade side out

Manly I would have prefered to see in number 8. They were inconsistent at times but I think they would have lifted in the finals and possibly beaten the Bulldogs.
I predict the Warriors will suprise everyone, minor premiership maybe XD
Rabbitohs. I reckon they won't make the 8. Then went from 100 to 0 real quick.