Poll: Which position should I play?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Fullback
100.00%
1 100.00%
Wing
0%
0 0%
Centre
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reconsidering my position
Right, so I tried my hand playing hooker this year and bombed it. Only made the training squad for practice games, but hey, I gave it a crack. The coach thought my defence was good, but playing hooker just confused me at times, because I'd have no idea when to pass or attack from dummy half. Guess I'll leave playing hooker to the experts hahaha.

Anyway, this is a description of me and my playing style:
- I'm about 180-185cm without shoes
- My weight floats around the 75-80kg mark, so I can put on weight and lose it
- I'm a decent runner (can run 20m in about 6-7 seconds)
- Passing is pretty accurate, though I prefer to pass to my left over my right
- Legs are fairly muscular (I walk long distances a lot)
- Tackling ability is half-decent and I'm hard to put down on the ground
- Okay with stepping and fending
- Ball handling is good, I can recover my ball spills before they hit the ground
- Kicking is okay, bombs and grubbers are decent, place kicking could be better with training and drop kicking is not too shabby

I'm too small to be a forward, and don't really have the mind to be a half, so I guess it's down to fullback, wing or centre. Help would be appreciated!
What are you like at reading the game defensively? you are a bit on the light side but I reckon you might want to have a crack at centre. Sounds like you are quick off the mark coyld probably play good covering d and have a bit of lower body strength - all those things should help you put in that position if you can already read the game well
6 - 7 seconds to run 20m Jesus to me that's pretty slow.. i wouldn't say center either.. I would say hit the gym and put on some weight and jump into the forward pack, maybe lock or second row. Athletic forwards are always the best so if you have the ball skills and footwork it's a bonus.

(Nobody's to small for Forwards.. Hit the gym! - Greg Bird, Paul Gallen, Josh Papalli..
Josh Papalli played his whole junior career in the centers for Logan Brothers JRL then now look at him.. He never had the speed, but he always had the strength so he made the switch in positions from center to second rower and put the work in! now look at him!)
PS4: xOKILLEMx
Xbox 360: lLeprashaun
6-7 seconds on the 20 is very slow. I think I could do that even if I had to run 10, stop and race back.

Sounds like you should work at being a Hooker or a Centre. Too slow for the wing and fullbacks need some pace as well.
lol 20m in 6 -7s? Surely thats a typo. No one can seriously be that slow
(09-13-2015, 12:45 AM)Jamal On YouTube Wrote: Right, so I tried my hand playing hooker this year and bombed it. Only made the training squad for practice games, but hey, I gave it a crack. The coach thought my defence was good, but playing hooker just confused me at times, because I'd have no idea when to pass or attack from dummy half. Guess I'll leave playing hooker to the experts hahaha.

Anyway, this is a description of me and my playing style:
- I'm about 180-185cm without shoes
- My weight floats around the 75-80kg mark, so I can put on weight and lose it
- I'm a decent runner (can run 20m in about 6-7 seconds)
- Passing is pretty accurate, though I prefer to pass to my left over my right
- Legs are fairly muscular (I walk long distances a lot)
- Tackling ability is half-decent and I'm hard to put down on the ground
- Okay with stepping and fending
- Ball handling is good, I can recover my ball spills before they hit the ground
- Kicking is okay, bombs and grubbers are decent, place kicking could be better with training and drop kicking is not too shabby

I'm too small to be a forward, and don't really have the mind to be a half, so I guess it's down to fullback, wing or centre. Help would be appreciated!

Hey.....Your description sounds good. Would you consider trialling/playing for the York City Knights?
(09-13-2015, 11:04 PM)Yuna Wrote: lol 20m in 6 -7s? Surely thats a typo. No one can seriously be that slow

I am going to retract that one, I just ran from the end of my block to my house to escape a psychotic magpie that tried to swoop me. Took me about 2-3 seconds and I'd say that from where I ran to my house is between 20-30m. So I'd say it was either a typo from being tired as hell, or my measurements of 20m is way out of whack hahaha. Oh how I love spring time in Australia.

(09-14-2015, 03:40 AM)Frankieabbott Wrote: Hey.....Your description sounds good. Would you consider trialling/playing for the York City Knights?

Would love to Frankie, though sadly I live in Australia and can't afford a flight to England.
You're the perfect height for a league forward. Just put on some weight. Smile