Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone's thoughts on rll3
What does everyone think of the game so far
Really good, far better than RLL2 in my opinion.

AI passing needs to be toned down, they probably do about 5-7 each tackle.

Need to add a 7.5 minute half length for standard NRL games.

But otherwise, its really good. The game is challenging enough for me on Pro. Ive had a couple of decent wins (24-12) and a couple close ones (7-6).
I can never score more than 1 try on pro :/
(09-12-2015, 01:29 AM)Dragons2011 Wrote: I can never score more than 1 try on pro :/

Yeah, I was like that at first. Just keep playing around and try out new strategies, eventually youll find one that works for you.
(09-12-2015, 01:31 AM)nathan00107 Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 01:29 AM)Dragons2011 Wrote: I can never score more than 1 try on pro :/

Yeah, I was like that at first. Just keep playing around and try out new strategies, eventually youll find one that works for you.

The game is too stiff for my liking so I'm not even going to bother try tbh
I was in two minds about it after a couple of hours as there were too many niggly things that spoiled it. Namely players not sprinting onto the ball when you double tap pass etc. BUT, I learned not to spam the sprint button & use hit ups regularly with the forwards and the game turns into something spectacular. I absolutely love it & could not go back to RLL2 now.

Also, the replay mode is my favourite addition. Sitting there watching top tries or great plays over & over from each angle was something I loved in Rugby 2005/06/08 and it's just a brilliant here! I love it.
(09-12-2015, 01:41 AM)Locksley Wrote: I was in two minds about it after a couple of hours as there were too many niggly things that spoiled it. Namely players not sprinting onto the ball when you double tap pass etc. BUT, I learned not to spam the sprint button & use hit ups regularly with the forwards and the game turns into something spectacular. I absolutely love it & could not go back to RLL2 now.

Also, the replay mode is my favourite addition. Sitting there watching top tries or great plays over & over from each angle was something I loved in Rugby 2005/06/08 and it's just a brilliant here! I love it.

I wish I could get into the game but I just can't :/ stiff movements passing is completely stupid 9/10 my passes go to ground and the players look barely anything like they do in real life
How do your passes go to ground all the time?
Love it. Really loving defence too, unlike RLL2 every time you press the big hit button you get a big hit. Struggling with pro but amateur is getting too easy. Enjoying online aswell, have only played two games. One the bloke quit in the last ten. Both games were really close, unlike madden and fifa where I just get absolutely raped.
It's starting to grow on me. It's a lot to get used too, My main disappointment is that the forwards don't seem to break many tackles/gain much yardage with the hit up. it's normally the backs who end up driving in the tackle and making more yards up the middle. I've found if you play a safe game to start with then things to seem to open up a bit but it's a difficult game and the A.I is ridiculous at times. The way the A.I passes the ball like a hot potato is just too unrealistic and makes it impossible to defend against at times.