Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing players out of position/changing secondary positions
Just a quick question for you people who have the game. Are there any major penalties for playing players out of position (not massively just like a centre in the second row).

Or are a players attributes affected if I change their secondary or tertiary position?
I've made a team full of backs for online play that is undefeated so far, I haven't noticed any penalties to having RTS and Sam Tomkins as my starting props.
(09-11-2015, 03:57 AM)I Love Ross Wrote: I've made a team full of backs for online play that is undefeated so far, I haven't noticed any penalties to having RTS and Sam Tomkins as my starting props.

Online uses normalised stats though?
I wasn't planning to abuse it online or anything, just to emulate real life. For example Jimmy keinhorst is listed as a centre only, and this year he's played quite a few games in the second row.
In Franchise mode, if your centre gets injured for example, can you put a second rower in who doesn't play there as a position? It would be cool if you had the choice between playing someone out of position and him not playing as well or taking the risk and calling up and under 20's rising star.
(09-11-2015, 03:57 AM)I Love Ross Wrote: I've made a team full of backs for online play that is undefeated so far, I haven't noticed any penalties to having RTS and Sam Tomkins as my starting props.

Yeh same here. I choose NRL all stars and put Moylan at lock and his killing it online.

The only props that I find effective are guys like Matt Scott and JWH who are rated >85

(09-11-2015, 04:00 AM)StevoIRL Wrote:

Online uses normalised stats though?

Yeh but do you know how it works tho? I think I figured it out how it works and its not perfect and you can exploit it.
(09-11-2015, 07:14 AM)Giraffe Wrote: In Franchise mode, if your centre gets injured for example, can you put a second rower in who doesn't play there as a position? It would be cool if you had the choice between playing someone out of position and him not playing as well or taking the risk and calling up and under 20's rising star.

Can someone please answer my question? Thanks in advance.

P.s. Does it affect your rating if you play out of position?
You can play any player in any position. I regularly play Jackson Hastings at hooked even though he's not a hooker in his positions