Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This game is a major let down.
I have to admit, the first few hours really impressed me, but a lot of little things are bothering me now amd I'm also a little dissapointed. I still think this is one of the best rugby league games ever, no doubt about that, but forwards not running on to passes and just standing their makes it hard to make metres and puts the overall realism and fun of the game down for me. I will still play the game for years to come because I love the franchise and Rugby League, but I think its a major downside to the gameplay ans along with the fair amounr of glitches and other little things, I will admit I'm a little dissapointed
NSW will actually win in 2014, right?
(09-10-2015, 12:28 AM)Ross Wrote: More interesting is that it's a rewrite that has little to no gameplay code from RLL2.

Understand you might not like it but it is nothing like RLL2.

I just thought that you guys would have learnt from the last game that the forwards were non existent and the defence was way too overpowered. This is the case, again. Fair enough, it had been re-written, but honestly Ross, nearly every bloody tackle is a dominant tackle with a forward being forced back. There are some exceptional examples in the game where the forwards to gain momentum through the new struggle system, however the contrast between it being present in-game in comparison to a dominant tackle is too far.

The only way to get any enjoyment out of this, for me, is to vs someone in multiplayer who I know will not play hot potato and constantly palm as a means of making their way up the field. And for some reason, multiplayer is non existent in career mode which I find strange, for various reasons.

The career mode, as a mode all together has great potential and i was looking forward to playing it the most, but the A.I has turned me off completely and is not enjoyable at all.

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything,just being honest as I was bloody looking forward to this game for a long, long time.
You guys mentioning non existent forwards, are you using hit up?

Seriously I have never seen a game where forwards are used like this.

Also a little overlooked but well done BA on having backs and forwards in the right spot.
i found quick play the balls make your forward run unto the ball and the timing you press from the hooker to your ball runner is key too, ill be honest at first that was annoying me too as i kept loosing ground, once i knew what i was doing now i can now charge strong.
The attacking team players stand so far back they generally tackled before even moving. It's like the ball is passed in slow motion by the dunny half to a prop taking a leak.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the game. I've only played online. I wish we had more variety in online game modes though
Play it like league. Not an arcade game. Kick on 4th space everywhere. Wear them down and don't rush up fir intercepts. Go the shirt side draw and pass. Play the game the way it was meant to be played.
(09-10-2015, 02:01 AM)Mav_78 Wrote: Play it like league. Not an arcade game. Kick on 4th space everywhere. Wear them down and don't rush up fir intercepts. Go the shirt side draw and pass. Play the game the way it was meant to be played.

How does one do any of that when players are in quicksand when the ball is thrown to them??

I try the run on ball pass but same old junk.

Nonetheless I've racked up quite a few games online. I've only lost 2 and won 13. I like the game. Some annoying features are present though
i love the kicking in this game, rll2 could never find space always fullback caught it, now i pin it in the in goal and bam tackle and get a repeat set of 6
One on one defence is definitely unrealistic but the forwards are useful if you play the game properly. I found the game becomes more enjoyable if you play like a real team would
(09-10-2015, 02:01 AM)Mav_78 Wrote: Play it like league. Not an arcade game. Kick on 4th space everywhere. Wear them down and don't rush up fir intercepts. Go the shirt side draw and pass. Play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Agreed