Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
RLL3 Anomalies
I will, has there been any confirmed way to defend the strip yet?
Yes, when the animation occurs, rapidly press Y. Took me a while to do it but eventually I got by absolutely destroying my Y button Smile
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet (ain't reading through 30 pages yo), but I was playing a coach career game earlier and I was up 18-6 after 51mins, my sister was calling out annoying me so I paused the game to go see what she wanted, when I came back like 10mins later I un-paused the game, I still had the ball on the same tackle I was on before, but the clock was at 80mins and ended after the next play...

For some reason the clock kept going despite being paused.
Testing out this momentum idea. I was playing on amateur, after a second first half I was destroying them in the second, 30-6. Switched it up to pro and they just started fucking steam rolling me. They'd dart out of dummy half and just keep running around my players, every offload I'm screwed because all my players stand around doing nothing while the ball bounces into another players arms and it won't switch away from the player who's tackling. I'm ready to put my fist through a wall.

Never played a game where going up one difficulty is so infuriating. Don't get me wrong I'm so happy to have it but jesus it needs some tweaks. Going up one level took every piece of momentum I had away. It's mostly just defence, I don't see how the opponent AI because godlike on defence where friendly ai is useless, there's gaps for days in my line.
That's interesting, Iv never seen that one before.
For example, moment I un-paused the game after my rant. Chambers caught a cut out ball setting up a two on one in the opponents favour. Now I've done this repeatedly and 9/10 the ai winger will come across and flaw me before I can do anything, and the entire ai line will come after me. Yet my winger just stands there like a doofus as chambers runs past him, as does the opponent winger outside him. He doesn't come in our out just back pedals and then chambers does a swerve around my fullback to score, the rest of my line just standing around doing nothing. This is what makes me mad and just want to put the controller down and say I'm done. There's no point switching to the winger because it's like he's locked in some pre-determined motion.
I struggled on pro difficulty for a while, but now I'm beating it comfortably most of the time... Once I learned that you absolutely shouldnt run up out of the line in defense on pro, and you should wait in the line and let the ball carrier come to you I went much better.

Any gap in the line the AI on pro or higher will be straight through it, in defense keep the solid line, as much as you want to run up, don't.
(09-19-2015, 07:52 PM)Dragons Girl Wrote: I struggled on pro difficulty for a while, but now I'm beating it comfortably most of the time... Once I learned that you absolutely shouldnt run up out of the line in defense on pro, and you should wait in the line and let the ball carrier come to you I went much better.

Any gap in the line the AI on pro or higher will be straight through it, in defense keep the solid line, as much as you want to run up, don't.

I try, I tend to stick with the markers and try to cover the hole behind the ruck. I dunno maybe I'm just frustrated. No one else seem's to be having huge problems.
(09-19-2015, 07:55 PM)krypter Wrote:
(09-19-2015, 07:52 PM)Dragons Girl Wrote: I struggled on pro difficulty for a while, but now I'm beating it comfortably most of the time... Once I learned that you absolutely shouldnt run up out of the line in defense on pro, and you should wait in the line and let the ball carrier come to you I went much better.

I try, I tend to stick with the markers and try to cover the hole behind the ruck. I dunno maybe I'm just frustrated. No one else seem's to be having huge problems.

How are you tackling them? I found the best method is to mostly always do low tackles (arm pin tackles rarely stick) and I hold in X (A on xbox) to build up the power of the tackle a little and then release the button just before my defender makes contact with the ball carrier and they usually stick Smile
(09-19-2015, 07:57 PM)Dragons Girl Wrote:
(09-19-2015, 07:55 PM)krypter Wrote:

How are you tackling them? I found the best method is to mostly always do low tackles (arm pin tackles rarely stick) and I hold in X (A on xbox) to build up the power of the tackle a little and then release the button just before my defender makes contact with the ball carrier and they usually stick Smile

Yep but by the time the bar starts filling, it never even gets half way to the mark where perfect tackle is.

F it I'm done with this game until they are fixed. This is no fun whatsoever.