Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why is the PC version delayed
(09-09-2015, 07:52 AM)SOR Wrote: Mikey, when is the whining about the PC version delay going to stop?

(09-09-2015, 07:51 AM)krypter Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 07:49 AM)Mattaust Wrote: Looks like I wont be touching this until it reaches PC (if it ever does)...

Excitement factor is now at rock bottom, see ya all in a few months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok__ZYOmPxI

Are you going to accept Krypter posting this video mocking you, Matt?

I wouldn't take that.

pssssh I'm not mocking him at all. I was just saying how it was sad he couldn't play for a while.
That's bad luuuuuuck
(09-09-2015, 07:56 AM)Mattaust Wrote: We have a right to criticise them on their decisions.

And I'm not going to lie but all previous iterations look crap on the Ps3. Plus I no longer own any consoles.

Take your PS3 ID off your Signature Mattaust
HOBBSTAR GAMING YouTube- http://tinyurl.com/HOBBSTARGAMING
HOBBSTAR GAMING NEW Website- hobbstar.wix.com/youtube
ROSS IS SO COOL! Smile
Matt is having a meltdown.

Relax man, just buy an Xbone
All good SOR, keep it coming lol. I don't buy consoles for specific games, that's exactly what they want us to do.

Nah but seriously I can wait a couple months, might help me in the long run with my studying till the Christmas break.
Hobbstar laid down the law and Matt listened. PS3 I.D no longer appears in Matt's sig.
My grain of salt on the issue, I have some experience from working on RC3.

It's the publisher who makes the decisions on release dates and platforms. The PC version is usually delayed to maximize the console sales, but why? Because console copies have a fixed cost from manufacturing and distribution, each copy that doesn't sell is a loss. There are no copies on PC, everything is digital, it has zero cost. As far as I know, Steam takes a cut from the sales on their site, not sure if from third-party sites too, and probably they charge something in order to publish the game on their platform, but not sure if it's a one time fee or something else.

To argue about PC vs Console is pointless, each have their strengths, but people need to understand that every single game is developed on PCs and then adapted to the consoles in which it will be released. To also adapt it to be released to be released on PC is not that expensive, and given that there is no cost on producing copies, very little sales already make a profit.

The demand for PC games is on the rise, maybe not for League games, when it comes to niche sports it's all about the user base, which is very likely to be larger on consoles. Why bother with the PC then? It's a stronger platform, meaning it will look better, and it's customizable. When it comes to sport games without seasonal updates, mods become a huge part of keeping the title alive and that keeps selling.

Other regions of the world have a different economy, which makes consoles very expensive. Plus each game, it's just not going to happen. Those markets are the ones where PC is king, basically too many people to ignore. Also credit card limitations to keep the subscriptions going, not every country has Microsoft or Sony representation.

Piracy is an issue but it's an issue on every platform, it's easier on PC for sure. But take a look at NBA 2K15 for example, the offline experience is extremely limited and progress eventually stops because it requires online interaction. Other titles like FIFA or GTA developed strong DRM that take months to crack and forget about updates, plus all the bugs the crack and DRM bring. GTA was specially delayed because it has a very strong offline experience too.

You can't really blame a small publisher like Tru Blu from trying to minimize the loss from unsold console copies. It's not going to be that long till the Steam version is out.
Hopefully by Christmas : \
(09-09-2015, 07:50 AM)HOBBSTAR Wrote: If you have a PS3 then buy it on that!

I have a 360, but sorry there is a delay for that because of manufacturing problems. There is limited copies sent to the UK so theres a chance if I go for the Xbox one I cant even get a copy even though the purchase is to only play the game for a couple months. But hey at least we keep the pirates out

(09-09-2015, 08:14 AM)jmmontoro Wrote: My grain of salt on the issue, I have some experience from working on RC3.

It's the publisher who makes the decisions on release dates and platforms. The PC version is usually delayed to maximize the console sales, but why? Because console copies have a fixed cost from manufacturing and distribution, each copy that doesn't sell is a loss. There are no copies on PC, everything is digital, it has zero cost. As far as I know, Steam takes a cut from the sales on their site, not sure if from third-party sites too, and probably they charge something in order to publish the game on their platform, but not sure if it's a one time fee or something else.

To argue about PC vs Console is pointless, each have their strengths, but people need to understand that every single game is developed on PCs and then adapted to the consoles in which it will be released. To also adapt it to be released to be released on PC is not that expensive, and given that there is no cost on producing copies, very little sales already make a profit.

The demand for PC games is on the rise, maybe not for League games, when it comes to niche sports it's all about the user base, which is very likely to be larger on consoles. Why bother with the PC then? It's a stronger platform, meaning it will look better, and it's customizable. When it comes to sport games without seasonal updates, mods become a huge part of keeping the title alive and that keeps selling.

Other regions of the world have a different economy, which makes consoles very expensive. Plus each game, it's just not going to happen. Those markets are the ones where PC is king, basically too many people to ignore. Also credit card limitations to keep the subscriptions going, not every country has Microsoft or Sony representation.

Piracy is an issue but it's an issue on every platform, it's easier on PC for sure. But take a look at NBA 2K15 for example, the offline experience is extremely limited and progress eventually stops because it requires online interaction. Other titles like FIFA or GTA developed strong DRM that take months to crack and forget about updates, plus all the bugs the crack and DRM bring. GTA was specially delayed because it has a very strong offline experience too.

You can't really blame a small publisher like Tru Blu from trying to minimize the loss from unsold console copies. It's not going to be that long till the Steam version is out.

I was told a couple months which seems totally excessive
Hey Mattaust,

I know you, you're from whirlpool Big Grin